Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Should I stay or should I go

Options
  • 10-12-2014 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

We have 3 boxes, 2 recording and 1 standard in the playroom. Theres an analogue TV in one of the bedrooms upstairs and rarely turned on.

Anyway this is whats on the bill and I don't undertstand it 100%, I am looking at getting HD on one TV (Horizon or Horizon max) but can't figure out the simplest most cost effective add on from their site. So if someone has any suggestions on what to go for please let me know. BTW I only want TV from them - No phone and No broadband.

Extra Analogue Point 2 € 14.22
    Multiroom viewing 1 € 16.00
    Digital+ 1 € 6.00
    Digital Max 1 € 84.99
    Multiroom viewing 1 € 16.00
    Total €137.22 for 2 months

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭dubrov

Cancel the analogue points at least.
    They won't/can't switch them off if you subscribe to any TV package so you'll still get a signal in the upstairs tv.

Horizon Select extra is €15 a month for 4 months and €36 afterwards. It has similar channels to Digital Max and has HD.
    Each multiroom box is an extra €11 a month.

You'll always get the best deals by ringing up and asking to cancel though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

@OP

Get Freesat and Saorview. Bill = zero per month. Only cost is installation - will pay for itself within a year. If you do it yourself, it is much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

@OP

Get Freesat and Saorview. Bill = zero per month. Only cost is installation - will pay for itself within a year. If you do it yourself, it is much cheaper.

You'll get BBC3, 4 and Channel 4 in HD aswell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Will take a look at a free to air dish and saorview

Advertisement