Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Routers and e-vision

Options
  • 19-09-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi just wondered did e-vision box have a router of its own or does it use the existing one thats for broadband.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TomoBhoy

they hook it up to yhe Broadband one

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

Any one ever tried to get it working with a 3rd party router and the F1000 in bridge ?

I may be having a crack at this. I don't see why it wouldn't work, I'm guessing it's designed to work behind nat. There are a few QoS options on the F1000 for IGMP and a rule to pick up the STB via it's option 60 string. But as long as the 3rd party router will handle the IGMP then you should be fine, if it doesn't then you might have issue with the iptv stream getting flooded all over your home network.

Got this working with a Microtik RB2011 and the F1000 in Bridge, not exactly easy, will write it up and post.

Basically you have to bridge as normal , I used IPoE for the wan connection. Install and set up the IGMP Proxy. Then add FW rules to accept and forward udp (you can restrict this down) you also need to allow IGMP.

I still need to go back over the config to make sure it's secure enough but it does work.

D.

Advertisement