Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused - need advice

Options
  • 17-11-2012 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi everyone

there is someone i know that i really really like. But I am really unsure about them. We talk a lot and get on well and have a lot in common. They said they like me and i have hinted it a lot. But, they are a really confusing and complicated person, one day they are really happy and the next day they would give 1 word answers. Its hard to work with. I have asked them on a date and they said theyd like to go and we organised it and everything was great but the day before they said they couldnt go anymore. I wonder if I am doing something wrong but I know I havent. Are they unsure or nervous or something? We dont talk as much anymore for some reason and when we do they barely say anything, should i just leave them alone? I would find that hard to do because we get on really well but they are just not very clear on what they want and i dont want to ask and seem pushy. i really want to tell them how i feel but dont want to be rejected and make it awkward. Thanks everyone I would love advice on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Sounds nuts, prob a lucky escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

sounds like someone who suffers from depression/anxiety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ThurlesLad

Hi everyone, do you honestly think that ? I know there has been let's say a 'troubled past' maybe that's a reason ? Carrying some baggage or very insecure? Or is it me?(even though I have done nothing)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

I would imagine you are dealing with someone who enjoys the chase when she's bored but would drop you like a hot snot for a better opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

why don't you casually ask them what's wrong?

or bring this issue up when they are in their good mood.

No one is happy all the time. everyone has their time.

• Advertisement

OP here ,I know but every second day or few days there seems to be a problem for whatever reason . I really like them a lot tbh and can't walk away even if they are very hard to deal with and a big mystery in terms of their mood. I don't want to come across as nosy or pushy maybe it's none ot my business, even though it probably is some of it. It's as if they have changed their mind about what they want or just unsure because it wasn't like this at the start . I really want to tell them how I feel and how much i like them so they know how much I regard them and maybe they will spill the beans then

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

it sounds very much like depression/anxiety to me, im no expert but it's exactly how my gf behaved when i first met her.

Rossin wrote: »
    it sounds very much like depression/anxiety to me, im no expert but it's exactly how my gf behaved when i first met her.

Big possibility tbh, I dontvwant to tamper with things like that but I really like this person a lot, what to do? It is a big possibility as I know there is baggage there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

ThurlesLad wrote: »
    Big possibility tbh, I dontvwant to tamper with things like that but I really like this person a lot, what to do? It is a big possibility as I know there is baggage there

You like this person a lot ? then say to her that you think you are falling in love with her and then see how she responds. You are better off knowing now than going the way you are going imo. See what happens after saying this to her.

zenno wrote: »

You like this person a lot ? then say to her that you think you are falling in love with her and then see how she responds. You are better off knowing now than going the way you are going imo. See what happens after saying this to her.

I agree. I need to tell her instead of carrying on this way and tearing up my heart with all this and constantly thinking about it , I need closure one way or another

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

op, firstly this is not the forum for relationship issues. Secondly you already have an open thread on this very issue in the relationships forum.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement