Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 115 Engine Malfunction

Options
  • 25-07-2015 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    my 2011 Mondeo with 118,000 miles has started to put up the engine malfunction light but with no reduction in performance

I bought an EML cable and installed Forscan software on the laptop.

Sequence of events is roughly as follows.

When I first read the codes I got:

P 246B Vehicle conditions incorrect for Diesel Particulate Filter regeneration
    P 165 E Engine coolant Radiator Shutter Supply voltage low
    P 165 B Engine coolant Radiator Shutter actuator performance problem or actuator shut off
    U 0284 lost communications with Active Grill Air Shutter.

I also mooched around on the net and found some postings referring to this kind of problem being related to the fuel vapouriser and to replace it if the code P 269F was found.

Not having that code I carried on and did two forced regens yesterday and while they were completed they were not deemed successful as the soot load was not reduced enough- no data provided as to the extent of the soot.

I then drove the car for about twenty miles with no error and then the error came up again with code P 246B- conditions incorrect for regen.

Before getting my hands dirty I ran one more regen getting the same completion but not being deemed successful.

Then after driving a bit more and one more engine malfunction light I got a new error, namely P 269F Exhaust after treatment glow plug circuit open.

But it would seem that if I am able to initiate a regen and run ti to completion the fuel vapourizer ( basically a fifth injector into the exhaust) must be working or we wouldn't get the regen to run.

I'd like to know what to do here to resolve the problem as well as possible with minimum expenditure.

It seems to me the DPF is clogged- can it be cleaned at all by water or other methods you see on youtube?
    Do I need to clean it or get a new one?
    Do I need a vapouriser?
    Some posts on the net indicate that the differential pressure sensor on the dpf may be the problem but when I monitor this the sensor readings do vary?
    What is the root cause or what is the best way to go here?

Any help would be great. I haven't had a chance as yet to examine the piping, etc, the cleanliness of the valve, etc etc.

Many thanks,

Richard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Sounds like you have a problem with the active shutter grille and it wont let the dpf regenerate.

Take down the front stone guard under the bumper and check the connections going to the grille they can get water in them and causes all sorts of problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

You were bang on there.

The shutter mechanism was damaged and I araldited it back together so that the shutters could move smoothly.

But more importantly I discovered that the wire to the multiplug had damage to the insulation and there was a small corroded part to the wire. I fixed this, and afterwards was rewarded with a moving shutter when the engine starts up.

I think this will do the trick. Time will tell.

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Youre welcome.

Advertisement