Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Transit Connect - Oil change

Options
  • 30-07-2015 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a new Transit Connect and would like to change the oil myself. There doesn't seem to be a Haynes manual for the newer model and I can't find much info online. What tool(s) would I need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Have you tried ringing a garage that sells Fords?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

No I didn't and I could have as I went to the local Ford dealer for the oil. I thought there would be a manual for it. I did find some videos online for the older versions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 the dark ken night

martyoo wrote:
    I have a new Transit Connect and would like to change the oil myself. There doesn't seem to be a Haynes manual for the newer model and I can't find much info online. What tool(s) would I need?

If you need a manual to change oil maybe you shouldn't be doing it?

If you need a manual to change oil maybe you shouldn't be doing it?

Fair enough but I'm sure I could learn. The thing is I am doing serious mileage in it (10k in 4 weeks!) and I can't afford to bring it to a garage every time I need the oil changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

Messy job, best done on a lift or over a pit.
    Oil Filter is a **** to get at, up behind the engine, when looking from underneath facing forward, its on right side. You need a tool like this one, probably got cheaper from your local motor factors,

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring-travel/tools-diy/tools-tool-kits/halfords-advanced-professional-oil-filter-removal-band

Make sure that you have the new filter good and tight, otherwise it weeps quite a bit very easily.

• Advertisement

Messy job, best done on a lift or over a pit.
    Oil Filter is a **** to get at, up behind the engine, when looking from underneath facing forward, its on right side. You need a tool like this one, probably got cheaper from your local motor factors,

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring-trav...r-removal-band

Make sure that you have the new filter good and tight, otherwise it weeps quite a bit very easily.

Thanks btb. Will give it a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

2.5K a week!!! You sure you got the right van for that type of mileage?? The oil filter on them is a sow of a job and as stated earlier very prone to leaking. Good luck with that mileage in one of them.

2.5K a week!!! You sure you got the right van for that type of mileage??

I thought I had. Are they not well able for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Unless they have a different engine in the new model I wouldn't be a fan. Engine aside I think they're a horrible place to be on a journey longer than any more than a few kms. Noisy, booming at certain speeds and very thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Model/year may vary but this is usual process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

New model connect has a 30k service interval.

All you need to change oil is a 21mm socket a 27 mm socket and a screwdriver.
    The sump bung is 21mm and the filter is on the right hand side of the engine as you look in take out the air filter housing and you will see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

The man said New connect everyone is referring to the old 1.8 lynx engine.

The new connect is a 1.5 psa engine.

Advertisement