Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GROSS SALARY ON P60

Options
  • 22-06-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi

I have a transatlantic divorce. Child support is agreed via my gross salary. My P60 has section (A) PAY which gives a figure of 'total pay (i.e gross pay less any superannuation contributions allowable for income tax purposes..and (D) Pay for Universal Social Charge (USC) purposes - which is aprox 9 grand more.

When requesting a salary cert for a mortgage payroll use figure A however divorce lawyer (not great) said it was D which I have been using.

Which is my correct Gross pay? My net pay is approx 61% of gross using (A) and approx 53% of Gross using (D)

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

OUTOFSYNC wrote: »
    Hi

I have a transatlantic divorce. Child support is agreed via my gross salary. My P60 has section (A) PAY which gives a figure of 'total pay (i.e gross pay less any superannuation contributions allowable for income tax purposes..and (D) Pay for Universal Social Charge (USC) purposes - which is aprox 9 grand more.

When requesting a salary cert for a mortgage payroll use figure A however divorce lawyer (not great) said it was D which I have been using.

Which is my correct Gross pay? My net pay is approx 61% of gross using (A) and approx 53% of Gross using (D)

Thanks for any help

Hi OP,

I suspect the divorce lawyer is correct with option D.

By superannuation I am presuming you mean contributions to a pension scheme which attracts tax breaks but not PRSI and USC in which case, since you are providing for your future, option D is a truer reflection of your total gross income,

Advertisement