Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed

• 23-04-2014 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, my wife of 18 months has recently walked out for no apparent reason. There was no adultery, violence etc and as recently as a fortnight before her decision she wanted to have kids (we have none by the way). Anyway she doesn't want to try and resolve it by counselling or any other means, simply saying her heart is not in it. She now wants the rest of her stuff (she took about 85% of it already) but wants access to the house to do it. I'm loathe to agree to this though. It's not that I won't give her what's hers, apart from obvious stuff like her clothes and make up all she has asked for that I could debate is a piece of furniture, which to save an argument over I'm willing to let to. I have packed all this up ready to go and was hoping to deliver it but she wants to come here to take it and go through the house, something I don't really want as I've made changes to try move on. Can I just drop it all off with her and not let her in........

For the record the house is in my sole name and despite us both working her sole contribution to bills in the house was groceries, which I'm not belittling but she didn't contribute to the like of mortgage, phone etc. I just want to move on and don't want her here to be honest. I'm not denying her anything but I'm not comfortable with her being here and feel like it would set me back big time nearly as bad as a thief being in my home. All advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Chara1001

Were you living together in the house for long before you married?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Make an appointment to go and see a family law solicitor . I'll be honest - I can't believe you think she has no right to be in her own home . Once you got married it became her home too . We can argue over percentages (and you both will) but you are a married couple and it's was you prime residence therefore it became a family home the day you got married ,without kids, without signatures . If you refuse her entry she can call the gaurds go to court .

Your case proves the need for people to sign a mandatory declaration they have received full legal advice before marriage .

From Citizens information site : . A spouse/civil partner is also able to apply to the courts for orders restraining the other spouse/civil partner from doing anything that might reduce his or her interest in the shared home or make it unsuitable to live in.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/separation_and_divorce/family_home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭G&T22

"Your case proves the need for people to sign a mandatory declaration they have received full legal advice before marriage"

I couldn't agree more! I wish I had the knowledge before I got married!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭singledad80

Sorry to say you can't stop her from going in to your house as for Irish law you both own equal rights to the house, I would agree to it as nothing you can to stop her.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭OUTOFSYNC

Just drop her stuff and see if she'll let it go.

Do you think she has financial designs on the house ? It's hard to stay focused when you are upset but try to stay polite and respectful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement