Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus 41x v Swords Express

Options
  • 10-06-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Guys
    Looking for advice please.
    Travelling from Swords Manor to Talbot Street.
    Which is the best option in terms of speed?
    Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hi Guys
    Looking for advice please.
    Travelling from Swords Manor to Talbot Street.
    Which is the best option in terms of speed?
    Thanks
    Paul

swords express. Have done both and it is consistently faster

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Retail Mngr

Thanks Stheno

On average will the 8pm from Manor hit IFSC before 9am?
    Or would the 7:45 be better?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks Stheno

On average will the 8pm from Manor hit IFSC before 9am?
    Or would the 7:45 be better?

I've taken the comparison based on the 7:25 41x from the Manor, compared to the 7:16 from the Manor for Swords Express. There used be a Swords express about 7:25 but doesn't seem to be now on their timetable

After those hours, in the rush hour, I don't know, I need to be in work by 8:30 and always make it on that basis with the Express, but not the 41x but then I've to get across the city anyway.

At the hour you are thinking, the 41x is probably as quick tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Use www.a-b.ie - that's the National Journey Planner or use the National Journey Planner app.

Both will give you the estimated time that both services take.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

lxflyer wrote: »
    Use www.a-b.ie - that's the National Journey Planner or use the National Journey Planner app.

Both will give you the estimated time that both services take.

The OP might want real world examples rather than pt company estimates.
    DB only give off peak time estimates for the 33X bus for example.
    They also say the 33x in the evenings serves d'Olier st. Some might say this is a mistake, but I'd say it's a lie, as they've been told about it, and so know their timetables are untrue.

I'd say if the 41x doesn't use the m50 tunnel, and the swords express does, the SE will be faster; apart from those times there's an event on the North quay and it is closed, or the bus lane on the north quay is closed.

The 33x was faster than the train from Rush and Lusk station to Tara station
    before the extra lane was opened on the M1, so the tunnel/north quay is a traffic beater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Stheno wrote: »
    swords express. Have done both and it is consistently faster

The OP does'nt (and IMO,should'nt be expected to) mention whether they are disabled,or otherwise mobility impaired,as this will have a bearing on which company's services they can utilize.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The OP might want real world examples rather than pt company estimates.
    DB only give off peak time estimates for the 33X bus for example.
    They also say the 33x in the evenings serves d'Olier st. Some might say this is a mistake, but I'd say it's a lie, as they've been told about it, and so know their timetables are untrue.

I'd say if the 41x doesn't use the m50 tunnel, and the swords express does, the SE will be faster; apart from those times there's an event on the North quay and it is closed, or the bus lane on the north quay is closed.

The 33x was faster than the train from Rush and Lusk station to Tara station
    before the extra lane was opened on the M1, so the tunnel/north quay is a traffic beater.

I was suggesting that the OP use the journey planner on www.a-b.ie. These come from the control times that the RTPI are predicated on - not the estimates printed on their timetables. They are reasonably accurate.

As for "lies", really you are taking it too far - get real it's a simple oversight, an error nothing more than that. Over the years there have been plenty of examples of that.

I'd hate to go through life with that level of suspicion.

Advertisement