Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog tags

Options
  • 06-08-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

How much are they? Where's the best place to get them?

Please mention anything to look out for- where's good, what kind of tags will last and which will wear out in 3 months, which are more legible.

Oh, as plain as possible is good, but I don't mind as long as they last.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I got mine here http://www.identitag.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=5 add on €1 for postage to Ireland.

As for what info to put on the tag have a read of here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056290863

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jets799

i find most key cutting places do them, a good strong sliver one allways best, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Zapperzy wrote: »
    I got mine here http://www.identitag.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=5 add on €1 for postage to Ireland.

As for what info to put on the tag have a read of here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056290863

I got a brass one from identiag last month and it's started to peel/chip at the edges :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

www.boomerangtags.com have amazing tags, I cannot recommend them enough - their tags last forever (I have some for years and my guys are quite hard on tags (cheapo ones tend to end up illegible very fast). They deliver to Ireland but are based in the USA. The tags have loads of room to put as much info on them as possible and the lettering is really clear (and doesn't wear out).

www.identitag.co.uk also have some nice tags and are a bit cheaper them boomerangtags but IMO you get what you pay for when it comes to dog tags!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

Got a tag for my collie from www.bowwow.com.au about 4 years ago and the engraving is as clear now as it was the day it arrived. Just got another one for my cocker spaniel - tag from the local shoe repair place only lasted a year on him - engraving worn away and the design peeling off. Both tags cost the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Always get the hard plastic ones from identitag - they last forever, never become illegible, they're lightweight, can fit loads of info, and don't stain the coat. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

www.boomerangtags.com have amazing tags

+1 for boomerangtags

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have to say I got mine cheap on offer in petmania, engraved for €11.50 for 2 tags.
    So far they are on the collars 2 years, gave been through the washing machine with the collars and leads about once a month, and outlasted 2 collars so far.
    One is a blue bone shape and the blue is wearing around the edge, but is fine otherwise, the other is a rainbow (kinda) metal bone shape, like new still.
    Can fit lots on them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I use the large white plastic identitags. Really easy to read & last forever. The large size allows for plenty of information & they really stand out - might deter thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I use identitags they are brill and last ages, with any tag though do check the ring regularly but the tags themselves are still great and don't wear they last a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

I use plastic ones from Identitag. I lost the first one, the ring must have broken or something - it had lasted quite a while - his first one from the local cobbler, the ring just came loose in a few weeks - no idea what he does! So I got 2 for him from Identitag this time and 2 for the other dog. Bet neither of them loose them now that they have a spare!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

tk123 wrote: »
    I got a brass one from identiag last month and it's started to peel/chip at the edges :(

Thats a pity. They should last more than a month I'd imagine, I would email them with a photo of it saying your not happy, you never know they might send you a new one.

I got the plastic ones and I'm happy with them, only have them a month or two and no sign of any wear, mine are red with white writing and very easy to read. The only thing is they send you the little ring separately so you have to put it on yourself and when putting it on I scratched the surface a little, you wouldn't notice it but I was a little annoyed as it was so red and shiny (I like shiny things :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

Advertisement