Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 mobile broadband + live viewing

Options
  • 19-07-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

totally plagued in our area with these scumbags breaking into houses at night, and have a guy coming on monday to install a cctv system.

i can only get internet service from o2 mobile broadband due to my rural location.
    my question is, does live viewing use up much of my 30gb monthly allowance?
    to go over 30gb costs a wee fortune

any help would be really appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I have no experience when it comes to home security systems, but video streaming of any kind eats up data, so, chances are it would use a large amount of data.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

You wouldn't need to watch it all the time. Some of the systems notify you text/email when they are activated. I have one that records to hard drive. I know a few people who use them to monitor cattle in sheds that are miles away. They get an aerial or dish on the side of the shed and it costs them 30 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

anything that i have read so far seems to be saying that because they are generally still images at a rate of 1 or 2 fps they arent sore on the data, but i would like to know what anyones experience is

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

could anyone direct me to where i could get this question answered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Sorry OP, I am just curious are you literally going to spend all your time remotely viewing this CCTV system?

I trust that you know that the DVR will as well as allowing remote viewing will also record the camera images for you. I would expect that you will also be able to perform playback remotely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

You'll be fine. But you'll be spending about €20 a month to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Ask o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

How much viewing or remotely watching recorded footage are you intending to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Use it for a month as you'd expect to then see what happens when the bill arrives. Then make the changes you need to make.

Do you not have a smartphone with data on it?
    I'm with eMobile and hardly use any data at all, including remote viewing.

Advertisement