Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conficker

Options
  • 12-06-2011 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

we are presently fighting Conficker on our domain, I have removed and patched all affected systems but the little bastard keeps hanging around in scheduled tasks on some PCs even though its being removed and PCs cleaned.

Can anyone help me with a script so I can blast it out and remove all conficker AT created tasks in one foul swoop as this little prick is driving me insane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Auvers A few questions:

Which Variant/s
    How many systems are you talking about.
    Are they all on the same site.
    Do you have managed switches.
    What AV does you have installed and what def/engine version are they running.
    Auvers wrote: »
    we are presently fighting Conficker on our domain, I have removed and patched all affected systems but the little bastard keeps hanging around in scheduled tasks on some PCs even though its being removed and PCs cleaned.

Can anyone help me with a script so I can blast it out and remove all conficker AT created tasks in one foul swoop as this little prick is driving me insane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Which Variant/s
    B/C

How many systems are you talking about.
    around 200+ desktops 10 Servers, network is a 2003 domain with desktops running XP-SP3 with conficker hotfix installed on every desktop\server

Are they all on the same site?
    all PCs are on the same domain

Do you have managed switches.
    3Com 24 port 1GB rack mounted

What AV does you have installed and what def/engine version are they running.

NOD 32 and updates are regularly sent from server

sorted got a script from another forum and ran it through group policy, and it removed all conficker created tasks :cool:

Have to say it was one of the most resilient & ingenious pieces of code I have ever come across but glad to say its been removed from our domain

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Have you a link to that script btw?

Sparky wrote: »
    Have you a link to that script btw?

Delete scheduled task via script

To delete a scheduled task via a batch file, copy the below code to a .bat file. Add the task job you wish to delete.

attrib -h %windir%\tasks\*.job
    AT /delete /yes

http://www.online-it-support.co.uk/?p=781

• Advertisement
Advertisement