Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buy used now or wait till the new year?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a 3 or 4 year old car for approx 20k.
    Better to buy now, wait until the new year, or does it make any difference? Will the price of a 2004 machine sitting on the forecourt today be reduced in the new year, or would I be more likely to find a 2005 (with correspondingly lower mileage) for my same 20k?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

I would wait till the budget is over and done with - VRT and tax changes could make a big difference depending on what type of motor your looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Sandwich wrote: »
    Will the price of a 2004 machine sitting on the forecourt today be reduced in the new year
    Not really - at least not in the sense that the price will change overnight on the 31st December. Remember that the used car will be standing a dealer a certain amount so he will be reluctant to drop the price, unless he has trouble shifting the car or if he overpriced it when making the initial deal.

Advertisement