Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All black Pastilles!

Options
  • 23-10-2006 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

Today I got a pack of Rowntrees Pastilles in which there were only black ones.

I once got a United bar that had no biscuit., and a Fry's with no Cream.

What's your favourite sweet manufacturing accident?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

When I used to buy those little Hi-sour sweets as a kid and there was 2 sweets in a pack instead of 1!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Peanut M&Ms with NO PEANUT, i kid you not. Yellow bag n' all. *breaks down in tears*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

KitKat - no biscuit
    Club Milk - no biscuit

Plain choc bars that had the taste of peanuts :( " may contain traces of nuts" BASTARDS!!!

Usual odd green tayto that everyone gets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

yep also KitKat no biscuit
    Rolos no caramel
    Maltesers where the biscuity bit had gone all soft and chewy ...was weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

munchies without the biscuit!! yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

nipplenuts wrote:
    Today I got a pack of Rowntrees Pastilles in which there were only black ones.

I once got a United bar that had no biscuit., and a Fry's with no Cream.

What's your favourite sweet manufacturing accident?
    Damn, I thought they had released them on purpose, like how you can get packs of roses with only the good purple ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I have a bag of tayto with no crisps in them. Just cheese and onion air I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A bag of Tayto with mostly creepy purple crisps you get every so often. (not as bad as black)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

rubadub wrote:
    Damn, I thought they had released them on purpose, like how you can get packs of roses with only the good purple ones.

My daughter bought me a packet of all blackcurrant pastilles a while ago, which were what they were supposed to be. I thought they'd be great but I it was a bit of too much of a good thing & the novelty of finding a black sweet after three green ones is more exciting ;) The all blackcurrant onces are scarce & hard to find in shops & think they were just a one off special.

I got a packet of rashers once which was only supposed to have six rashers but I got twelve instead, which makes a nice change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I once got a pack of Perrys Salt and Vinegar crisps. Opening the bag revealed a thick ball of some kind of rubber - yes it bounced and could not be squished - floating in a pool of vinegar.

Not a single crisp in sight. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Wispa Gold, caramel outside, the chocolate gone off in a white colour. Kept happening over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

Maltesers where the biscuity bit had gone all soft and chewy ...was weird

There's one of them in each bag - think it must be the law. There's no other way to explain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭charlie@w.d

i bought a 6 pack of tayto cheese and onion in a supermarket and when i opened them there were 2 bags of ordianary tayto's and one bag which was absolutly packed with crisps there was no space in the bag at all at all.

Another time i was eating a bag of smokey bacon tayto's and found steel filings in the bottom of the bag very dangerous didnt do anything about it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Rabies wrote:
    KitKat - no biscuit
    Club Milk - no biscuit

Plain choc bars that had the taste of peanuts :( " may contain traces of nuts" BASTARDS!!!

Usual odd green tayto that everyone gets
    For the love of God.... such language in front of the children.
    Banned for 24 hours**

**just kidding!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I once got a bottle of fanta... the old bottle with the bigger label and i kid you not it had 17 labels on it!

Had some very strange ones when i worked for cuisine de france, wood in scones, metal in potato wedges lots of that kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

well its not sweet related but worth mentioning, i once found a pound coin in a loaf of Brennans bread, i know shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I once got a Mars that was solid chocolate, I also once bought a Lion Bar without any chewy bit things in them and I once bought a Coke that, even though tightly sealed, was as flat as a pancake (but fizzy looking before I opened it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭bubthatub

you just described it never happened to me tough:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i love kitkats w/o the wafer in them, they're the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i once got a barn brack with a ring in it...

sorry , couldnt resist.

the other day my dad bought my daughter some smarties, but when she opened it, it was full of broken biscuits...now that was strange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I've never got anything like that before ever :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

i bought a 6 pack of tayto cheese and onion in a supermarket and when i opened them there were 2 bags of ordianary tayto's and one bag which was absolutly packed with crisps there was no space in the bag at all at all.
    I have had the same, whenever I get a 6-pack with some bags stuffed, there are always other bags half full. I reckon the machines are on test at the start, some filling too much, some too little, when adjusted right they fill the normal retail single packs. The "rejects" are put in 6 packs, the weight of the 6 bags in total is probably correct.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

rubadub wrote:

You can buy boxes of just them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

KitKats with no wafer ftw!

Used to love them when I was younger, haven't had one in years though, maybe quality control is better (or worse for us non-wafer fans) nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Used to love them when I was younger, haven't had one in years though, maybe quality control is better (or worse for us non-wafer fans) nowadays.

Yeah got one of those a few months back. Remember munching through waiting for the crunch. Can't say I prefer it to a normal Kitkat tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

confused though...why would you even buy a KitKat if you were a non-wafer fan??? :confused:

Advertisement