Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android TV Box Freezing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

define freezing?

watching something and it stops for a bit then buffers?

or unresponsive??

how good is your internet connection?

wired or wireless ?

should hardwire it for better stability

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

i got this one or similar one not great .. alltho it is my first and probably last android box

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Let me just remind everyone not to post or suggest anything illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

I bought the box below a few weeks ago for Netflix and Kodi but its started to freeze on me.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MXQ-Amlogic-S805-Quad-Core-Android-4-4-Smart-4K-TV-Box-8G-WIFI-Bluetooth-UK-/351360698863?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51cebac9ef

Its a MXQ Amlogic S805 Quad Core Android 4.4 Smart TV.

Im new to the whole android thing so Im looking for advice on what to do next.

Is it a simple reset or should I flash it with some other firmware and how do I do it?

Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.
    Search google for Kodi Maintenance Tool. Install, then go to general maintenace, clear cache & after that purge packets. If you do this every so often it may help, but don't go mad & start messing around with other functions - stick to clear cache & purge packets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Its gone from freezing to bricked.Screen is completely black.

I have tried resetting by powering it on with the reset button pressed but it just gives me the same result,just a constant blue light on the box without a display or sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It is very likely the power cable to the box. Try get the same one from another box or buy a new one.
    Check the firmware then and look at Freaktab for a newer firmware that possibly runs better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

you won't go far wrong with this one

http://www.satworld.ie/revez-qdroid.html

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

Does anyone know how I can connect my ipad to the box please.... I want to download my music and photos????
    Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Mount your iPad on the computer as an external hard drive by plugging in a USB cable. Open it and find the DCIM folder. All photos you take and download are there.
    Connect your Android Box to the computer with the USB cable. Likewise, navigate to its hard drive.
    Open the Android hard drive and find or create a photo folder.
    Copy the photos from iPad DCIM folder to your Android photo folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

Mount your iPad on the computer as an external hard drive by plugging in a USB cable. Open it and find the DCIM folder. All photos you take and download are there.
    Connect your Android Box to the computer with the USB cable. Likewise, navigate to its hard drive.
    Open the Android hard drive and find or create a photo folder.
    Copy the photos from iPad DCIM folder to your Android photo folder.

You are a star!!!
    Cheers!

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    It is very likely the power cable to the box. Try get the same one from another box or buy a new one.
    Check the firmware then and look at Freaktab for a newer firmware that possibly runs better.

Power cable is fine ,I've tried loading other firmware onto it with an sd card but cant get the boot options to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

dahat wrote:
    It is very likely the power cable to the box. Try get the same one from another box or buy a new one. Check the firmware then and look at Freaktab for a newer firmware that possibly runs better.

I had a box which I thought was broken from the getgo, so I left it in a drawer for almost a year.

Recently, I decided to look again, and right enough, the supplied power unit was only giving 4.5V out.....

the box just couldn't start with that voltage.

I manufactured a power supply from stuff hanging around, giving 5V, and eureka, it powered up perfectly, and it connects to my TV with Android 4.2. I rooted it, with iRoot Kinguser.

So, check your power supply, it needs to be 5V.

I had a box which I thought was broken from the getgo, so I left it in a drawer for almost a year.

Recently, I decided to look again, and right enough, the supplied power unit was only giving 4.5V out.....

the box just couldn't start with that voltage.

I manufactured a power supply from stuff hanging around, giving 5V, and eureka, it powered up perfectly, and it connects to my TV with Android 4.2. I rooted it, with iRoot Kinguser.

So, check your power supply, it needs to be 5V.

Just checked with a Fluke multimeter ,got full 5 volts.

There is good support on the freaktab forum.

This is the Amlogic section:

www.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players

Just checked with a Fluke multimeter ,got full 5 volts.

OK, my box wouldn't actually swich from standby, so something else, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

I wonder if its wirless have you got it to far from the router???

I wonder if its wirless have you got it to far from the router???

Tried with a wired and wireless connection,same result.

Advertisement