Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's happened to SRAM?

• 23-01-2015 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

just looked at the GCN vid of all the 2015 pro tour bikes, and there's only one team left using SRAM!

http://youtu.be/Id8ht3uydSI

Anyone know why that might be? Thought it might be the obvious 'no electronic' option (yet anyways), but there was at least one other team using mechanical gearing still.
    I kitted out the wife's new bike with SRAM Force-22 last year thinking it'd be the business :o but she'll kill me now if they've dropped off the radar and aren't 'cool' anymore!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It's all about the financial clout of Shimano I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭XtotheZ

same reason very few teams are using speedplays. Shimano are a very big company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

For a few years there Campag were not on many of the pro peloton bikes. That has changed a bit as quite a few use it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,135 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

No Colnago and no Cervelo either according to that vid.

Those Europcar Colnagos were le merde. Sadface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Pity about Colnago, was surprised that Europcar were the only ones to use it, but sad that this iconic brand has no presence. MTN will be on Cervelo's, Interested in how Sam Bennett gets on with Argon 18's.
    But to the OP, yes I'm surprised that SRAM are dropped. I run SRAM myself, and choose it as it was better value for Red than DA. My LBS mechanic swears DA over SRAM. My group set is coming to end of life and I'm thinking of
    1. going for a new DA group set
    2. Piecemeal replacement of worn parts of SRAM red and trickle them down to winter bike
    3. Wait for SRAM wireless. This will be a game changer when it arrives...if its reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭531

Lumen wrote: »
    No Colnago and no Cervelo either according to that vid.

Those Europcar Colnagos were le merde. Sadface.

Le merde???? Non, non, non. Les couilles du chien.

According to www.teameuropcar.com, they now have their Continental licence and it appears they will be riding Colnagos.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

No Red electronic group set, not old enough to inspire the brand loyalty that Shimano and Campagnolo do. Must be losing a fortune on high end group sets.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement