Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1st genereation xperia Z users - anyone got 4.4.4 update?

• 27-09-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone in ireland has got the 4.4.4 update for the xperia z yet? it was released by sony a few weeks ago and generally does not take long to appear on pc companion but not showing yet for me. three have not released the OTA update yet but they are renowned for being slow. really could do with this update to fix the location battery drain from 4.4.2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

irishchris wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone in ireland has got the 4.4.4 update for the xperia z yet? it was released by sony a few weeks ago and generally does not take long to appear on pc companion but not showing yet for me. three have not released the OTA update yet but they are renowned for being slow. really could do with this update to fix the location battery drain from 4.4.2

Xperia Z On O2 and got it a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

Not too sure which device you're referring to ...

Both Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Tablet Z (1st gen) are running 4.4.4. Own both devices outright (i.e. not locked by a network operator)

Z1 Compact was updated over a month ago and has been running well.

Tablet Z was updated tonight .. will see how it goes over the next few days (was on 4.4.2 with a buggy Google Play services that drained the battery).

If your device is unlocked/rooted, then you will not get the updates. My tablet was unlocked, but not rooted and had to lock it in order to get the 4.4.4 updates.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Still on 4.4.2 here on the 3 network with Sony Xperia Z phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Probably irrelevant, but I just got the update 4.4.4 today on my Motorola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Vodafone Z2 still on 4.4.2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

thanks guys. I was referring to the original xperia z which came out before the z1. good to hear o2 have released it so hopefully three will soon. bootloader is locked so can't root and have to depend on three to get their finger out and release it so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

flazio wrote: »
    Vodafone Z2 still on 4.4.2.

Really? My Z1 is on 4.4.4 for a couple of months now. I got the update on PC Companion though not the OTA update. I was actually told by a Vodafone rep on the forum that they weren't releasing it but were "working on another update"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Still no update for me on Tesco Mobile.

I was able to reduce the battery drain by switching off the GPS, but my phone is still slow. Cant wait for the 4.4.4 update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    Still no update for me on Tesco Mobile.

I was able to reduce the battery drain by switching off the GPS, but my phone is still slow. Cant wait for the 4.4.4 update.

Have you tried plugging it into PC Companion?

statto25 wrote: »
    Have you tried plugging it into PC Companion?

Yeah. It says that it is the latest version

• Advertisement

Same on three still unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Anyone get this yet? Is there any way to force the update? (without rooting etc)

I got it last week and so far so good. The battery life is ok so far, but I don't think that it is as good as Android 4.3 was.

I am with Tesco Mobile. The option to update appeared on my phone without me having to check for it.

anyone with three get this update yet?

I actually got mine but that was because I had to send it to get fixed and when it came back it had been factory reset and had 4.4.4 on it

I actually got mine but that was because I had to send it to get fixed and when it came back it had been factory reset and had 4.4.4 on it

is it the branded firmware as in does it do have the three logo for ages on start up

irishchris wrote: »
    is it the branded firmware as in does it do have the three logo for ages on start up

Nope don't think so, my phone is unlocked though.

Advertisement