Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiona's Premature Study Log (LC 2016)

Options
  • 15-02-2015 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Making this log to keep track of the study I'll be doing, but as it stands, my current plan is to not over-do myself this early in the year, so I dont plan on spending hours a night on study, just my homework and maybe 1 or 2 bits of revision :) I'm not big on timetables either so my studying may seem a bit all over the place!

So my goals for next June are:

Irish ( OL) - D1
    English - B2
    Maths - A2
    Applied Maths - A1
    Biology - A1
    Business - B2
    Geography - B1
    Spanish - B3
    (560 points)

The courses I'm aiming for are Science in UCD/TCD and looking to go in the mathematical/ geology pathway. Also very interested in computational thinking in NUIM .

Thought I'd add that im doing app maths outside of school :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fjollybxo

Very chilled midterm, did barely anything tbh! Hoping to get back in the swing of things come monday :)

Applied Maths - finushed all uniform acceleration questions in the book. May look at exam questions tomorrow

Business - Made+learned notes on household&business finance manager 1

Geography - Learned all the key definition s for concept of a region. Avoided the essays! Haha

Started my "summer study" today

App Maths : Covered projectiles (first half of Ch 3).

Spanish : Revised roleplays 1, 2 and 3.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

How many questions have you covered so far in Applied Maths?

Don't overwork yourself during the summer. Ideally, don't study at all :P But since you're doing AM outside of school, I guess you have to keep up. Just take it easy!

Nim wrote: »
    How many questions have you covered so far in Applied Maths?

Don't overwork yourself during the summer. Ideally, don't study at all :P But since you're doing AM outside of school, I guess you have to keep up. Just take it easy!

I've only cover uniform acceleration and I've just started on projectiles. Really need to catch up. Hope to have 4 questions covered by the end of summer.

PLAN FOR THIS WEEK

Applied Maths : Projectiles on a horizontal plane

Geography : Earth's layers and the theory of plate tectonics ( Ch.1 + Ch.2 )

English : Re-read foster and notes ( Comparative text )

Maths : Indices & logs

Business : People in Business ( Ch.1 )

Biology : Fill in experiments not written into lab book

• Advertisement

Thought I'd update this. Covered everything that week but haven't done much since. I'm doing a Spanish course in Instituto Cervantes, in town.

Applied Maths : Finish Relative Velocity (Ch.4) in the next 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Consonata

Respect for starting so early. I'm planning on starting revising stuff in my Physics course and Maths this summer and I'll be doing the August intensive revision in August to cover the Maths and Biology courses. Apart from that I'm probably going to tone down.

Advertisement