Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of advice needed on leaving family company

Options
  • 15-07-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

As the title says i need some advice on how best to approach the subject of resigning my role within the family company. I currently work for a relative in the uk with him living in another country (and my family & child at home in ireland). I take control of the day to day running of the company. This is fine but i feel after 3 years my efforts are not really appreciated and to be honest i want to try and further my career. However as i work for family i am finding it very hard to approach the subject with him. How do i tell him i wish to move on, what sort of notice do i need to give? Would it be seen as a kick in the teeth to him if i move to a company in the same sector??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭markiemark2005

Best off to be up front about it. If the family member has your best interests at heart they will support you.

Advertisement