Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recover deleted photos

Options
  • 17-02-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I looked at my gallery on my Samsung galaxy s3 last week and I couldn't believe my eyes when my photos had gone. They were very important. Is there any way of getting them back? I don't have a memory card in my phone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

did you have sync for dropbox, google drive or any other sync service?

if you hook up the phone to your pc can you look for the folder manually? or try installing another gallery app and see if it shows up then. Quickpic is a good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

download and run recuva http://download.cnet.com/Recuva/3000-2242_4-10753287.html
    if the files are missing from the destination folder on the phone, hook the phone up to your laptop and run this program, you can browse to the folder on the phone through this program and this will recover any lost files, used it a few times, always worked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

danniemcq wrote: »
    Is googles default one that syncs with picasaweb.google.com turned on by default on the S3?
    If so login there and check.

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Is googles default one that syncs with picasaweb.google.com turned on by default on the S3?
    If so login there and check.

it should be but you might have to sign in with your google+ account or at least have it set up in the settings for when to sync

i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

wesf wrote: »
    download and run recuva http://download.cnet.com/Recuva/3000-2242_4-10753287.html
    if the files are missing from the destination folder on the phone, hook the phone up to your laptop and run this program, you can browse to the folder on the phone through this program and this will recover any lost files, used it a few times, always worked

what folder is that?

• Advertisement

leemaree wrote: »
    what folder is that?

look for phone memory and then DCIM

but to be sure i'd search the entire drive if possible

danniemcq wrote: »

if you hook up the phone to your pc can you look for the folder manually? or try installing another gallery app and see if it shows up then. Quickpic is a good one

I found a lot in Dropbox but they were the ones when I first got the phone. But there not the one I'm talking about. They are other ones that I took that are not in Dropbox

yeh the dcim folder, or as dannie said, search the lot!
    once you click in dcim you should see something similar to the pic i attached, i presume it's pix you've taken with the camera so they should be in the camera folder

once you click in dcim you should see something similar to the pic i attached, i presume it's pix you've taken with the camera so they should be in the camera folder

good point if they were taken with an app thats not stock they will be in a different folder.

Yeah, I checked the DCIM folder and there's photos there but there still not the ones I'm talking about.

• Advertisement

did you check with the recuva software?

are they photos that you took with the stock android camera or did you use instagram or 360 panarama or any other app like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

leemaree wrote: »
    I found a lot in Dropbox but they were the ones when I first got the phone. But there not the one I'm talking about. They are other ones that I took that are not in Dropbox

Did you find any on https://picasaweb.google.com ?

did you check with the recuva software?

I checked the recuva and it keeps stopping. it doesn't finish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

You can try PhotoRec but I don't know if it will work on the phone memory.
    Connect the phone as a storage device and do a FULL disk scan.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Did you find any on https://picasaweb.google.com ?

Nope :(

You can try PhotoRec but I don't know if it will work on the phone memory.
    Connect the phone as a storage device and do a FULL disk scan.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec[/QUOTE]

I clicked on the link but i dont know which to choose. It takes me to different ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deren

You can use some data recovery tools if you don't have backups of them.

Use Mobikin Android Data recovery program to scan your phone and restore lost data from it.
    Only a  few steps you can get back your lost data from your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

deren wrote: »
    You can use some data recovery tools if you don't have backups of them.

Data recovery program to scan your phone and restore lost data from it.
    Only a  few steps you can get back your lost data from your phone.

After 4 years I'd imagine the OP has either sorted it or replaced their phone.

Advertisement