Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

experia

• 28-04-2012 10:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭

So I have a Sony Ericsson Experia. It keeps saying the phone storage is low. I have deleted some apps but it keeps coming back. Is there a way a I can clear caches or something? Be gentle in explaining to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What version of android are you running? It's possible to move some installed apps to SD storage depending on the version being run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And which Xperia?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

And which Xperia?
    Its the bigger one. Transferring would be useful. I don't know how to do that.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Astro File Manager free should do ok from google play .

paddyandy wrote: »
    Astro File Manager free should do ok from google play .
    What do I download. I am not techno savvy, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

eternal wrote: »
    I could think of 7 different models of Xperia but Wikipedia lists 23!

Anyhoo, go to the phone homescreen/desktop > press the menu button > select settings > select Storage

If your SD card storage is low, you can either buy a bigger SD card or start reducing the file size. You can delete them using a file manager (I use Astro the same as paddyandy), you can use the USB cable to transfer files such as photos to your computer or if you have a lot of photos you could compress them.

If your Internal Memory is low, go back to the settings menu > select Applications > select Manage Applications > select All tab.
    Now go into each app on the list. If it's something you don't want, select Uninstall (if available). Otherwise see if there's a "Move to SD card" button (there may not be this option or it may be greyed out i.e. not selectable).

rcdk1 wrote: »
    I could think of 7 different models of Xperia but Wikipedia lists 23!

Anyhoo, go to the phone homescreen/desktop > press the menu button > select settings > select Storage

If your SD card storage is low, you can either buy a bigger SD card or start reducing the file size. You can delete them using a file manager (I use Astro the same as paddyandy), you can use the USB cable to transfer files such as photos to your computer or if you have a lot of photos you could compress them.

If your Internal Memory is low, go back to the settings menu > select Applications > select Manage Applications > select All tab.
    Now go into each app on the list. If it's something you don't want, select Uninstall (if available). Otherwise see if there's a "Move to SD card" button (there may not be this option or it may be greyed out i.e. not selectable).
    its e15i model. There isn't an option to transfer applications. I will try downloading a file manager though. Thanks.

its e15i model. There isn't an option to transfer applications. I will try downloading a file manager though. Thanks.
    It's an Xperia X8 so.

Try a few different apps, at least some of them should be movable to the SD card.

It's an Xperia X8 so.

Try a few different apps, at least some of them should be movable to the SD card.
    I am now flumoxed by the file manager! Thanks everyone. My thank is broken. You know what I mean.

Were you able to download Astro File Manager OK?

If so, when you open Astro the long list of folders are the folders in the main (root) directory of your SD card.

In Astro press the menu button on the phone, select Tools, select SD Card Usage. This will give you a list of folders that are using the most storage space. Most likely the DCIM (Digital Camera IMages) folder and the "Download" folder will be near the top of the list.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

What do I download. I am not techno savvy, sorry.

Go to the google play app. and get Astro free download but you must have set up a google account on your phone i believe .The man in o2 shop (henry st. branch )did it for me . it's there . Google play apps. are safer .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's an Xperia X8 so.

No X8 only has Android 2.1 to my knowledge (had one on vodafone, not sure about others ) which will not allow app to sd movement unrooted unfortunately.

OP you you need to delete some apps ...... at a guess get rid of angry birds if you ain't using it thats one of the biggest ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

calex71 wrote: »
    No X8 only has Android 2.1 to my knowledge (had one on vodafone, not sure about others ) which will not allow app to sd movement unrooted unfortunately.

OP you you need to delete some apps ...... at a guess get rid of angry birds if you ain't using it thats one of the biggest ones.

^ Correct.

X8 is a POS by todays standard. Replace it if you can.

If you cant, its worth flashing a ROM, I have froyobread(there are GB roms out there if you want, but fb is very stable) on my sisters old x8, runs much better than stock, but still shít.

Fair enough.

Fair enough.
    I cant afford to change it at the mo. I dont have angry birds either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Then the best(free) option is a decent rom that gives you more control of your own device.

From your posts I'm going to assume you aren't so technical so what I'll recommend is that you get your nerdiest mate/relative to do this for you, its a 5 minute job.

Flash either
    A: Froyobread(based on 2.1 but very stable and lightweight) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1079463

B: GingerDX(GB based which is a plus but possibly not as stable/lightweight, cant say for sure) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1188486

The advantage for you is that you'll have no junk apps installed by your network, and be able to move the rest to the memory card.

ED E wrote: »

Then the best(free) option is a decent rom that gives you more control of your own device.

From your posts I'm going to assume you aren't so technical so what I'll recommend is that you get your nerdiest mate/relative to do this for you, its a 5 minute job.

Flash either
    A: Froyobread(based on 2.1 but very stable and lightweight) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1079463

B: GingerDX(GB based which is a plus but possibly not as stable/lightweight, cant say for sure) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1188486

The advantage for you is that you'll have no junk apps installed by your network, and be able to move the rest to the memory card.
    Will check this out tomorrow when I have time. Cheers.

Advertisement