Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commuting from Rathfarnham to Kilmainham-Luas car park in Tallaght?

• 20-11-2007 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I'll be looking to commute from Rathfarnham to Kilmainham/ Heuston Station (I don't have staff parking) area for work in the not too distant future. As the crow flies, it's not that far, but there do not appear to be any direct transportation links.

I'm hoping someone has a viable option that doesn't take 1.5 hours each way on 2-3 buses. :eek:

How is the parking situation at Tallaght (Exchage Hall, I think?) Are there spaces left around 7am-7.30 (in order to get a Luas to Heuston).
    Is it safe to leave your car their all day? Is Mad Cow /Luas Parking an option?

Anyone got any recommendations? I don't mind public transport, but don't want to sepnd up to 3 hours a day on a combination of buses. Am I missing any viable options??
    Any help is appreciated.
    thanks
    Bluebug33

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

bluebug33 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'll be looking to commute from Rathfarnham to Kilmainham/ Heuston Station (I don't have staff parking) area for work in the not too distant future. As the crow flies, it's not that far, but there do not appear to be any direct transportation links.

I'm hoping someone has a viable option that doesn't take 1.5 hours each way on 2-3 buses. :eek:

How is the parking situation at Tallaght (Exchage Hall, I think?) Are there spaces left around 7am-7.30 (in order to get a Luas to Heuston).
    Is it safe to leave your car their all day? Is Mad Cow /Luas Parking an option?

Anyone got any recommendations? I don't mind public transport, but don't want to sepnd up to 3 hours a day on a combination of buses. Am I missing any viable options??
    Any help is appreciated.
    thanks
    Bluebug33

You could try getting the 17 to Rialto and Luas from Rialto or Fatima stations to Heuston (Or even walk it from Rialto; it's less than a mile), or the 75 to Tallaght and Luas it from there; these two buses also go via Dundrum so you can link to both lines. However these two routes crawl in rush hour.

The parking in Heuston Station is not the dearest in the world and will cover you for a day if it is any use to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You'd cycle that distance in about 20 minutes. No, seriously. After about 3 weeks you get used to it and with the exception of a motorcycle all other options will look like crap.

Driving to Tallaght to get a Luas to Heuston seems to be complete madness to me. Other than that, taking a 17 and a short walk seems like the next best option.

Advertisement