Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid timetable for Sallins

Options
  • 16-11-2007 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

I havent seen anybody else moaning about it so I said id have a go.
    Imagine the situation- your getting up early on a frosty morning to go to work from sallins. You arrive at the station at 7.14, you wait you wait. 7.30 a train shows up that came from galway (its jammed so you cant get on). you wait a bit more until 7.44 the a little arrow shows up (also jammed).
    WTF, what use is this? The service is already disgraceful from here and now we lose a train. Every train that stops here came from somewhere else so we dont have any seats and now there is 1 train in a 31 minute gap at rush hour.
    Is there any end to irishrails stupidity??????:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

Yes it is the usual senseless mess you would expect from irishrail. Considering as it is at the moment there aren't enough trains for the people who need to travel, its complete idiocy to take away another train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

This morning was a joke :mad:
    The 8.24am service was cancelled then 5mins later they let a train run thru at no more 40-50% capacity :confused::confused: WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

CJackson wrote: »
    The 8.24am service was cancelled then 5mins later they let a train run thru at no more 40-50% capacity :confused::confused: WTF

This used to happen on the Maynooth line all the time (when i used to use the train). It seems that if a train is delayed by long enough they send it all the way into Dublin, without stopping, so that it can then leave Dublin on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭cudman

CJackson wrote: »

It seems to me that something similar will be happening when the new timetable becomes active. The train from Limerick that stops in Portlaoise will now be going straight through Sallins around 20-25 past 7, and since Portlaoise has gotten an earlier service in the new timetable that train is probably only going to be around 70% full (estimate).:mad:

Advertisement