Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airport Parking Changes Up Again

• 16-11-2007 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Read this on daa website while waiting for a flight to come in.
    The Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) wishes to notify customers of changes to short-term and long-term public car park charges at Dublin Airport.

These changes will come into effect from Friday, November 23, 2007. Car park charges have remained unchanged since January 2006.

The charge for cars parked for up to 30 minutes in the short-term car park, adjacent to the terminal building, remains unchanged at €1.50. The charge for cars parked up to one hour also remains unchanged at €3

The hourly charge for cars parked longer than one hour in the short-term public car park rises to €4.50 per hour.

The daily charge for cars parked in the short-term car park rises to €40.

Three out of every five short-term car park users park for a shorter period than one hour. These customers typically visit the airport to meet and greet incoming passengers.

This means there will be no increase in car parking charges for the majority of users of the short-term car parks at Dublin Airport.

The daily charge at Dublin Airport’s various long-term car parks rises to €9.50.

The tone of this really pisses me off, like they are doing us a favour. How often has a flight been delayed, or the passengers delayed in getting their bags, meaning you spend longer than an hour there. Now this charge will be 50% more expensive. And as for the charges not going up in 22 months, well I suppose there is so much maintenance associated with them, we should expect it, should we?

And then to the final bit, the long term car park changes goes up another €1, well I guess I will be looking for a mate to bring me to the airport next time I'm going on holidays. Shower of bar stewards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes, I like the way they slip in the increase on the long term car park at the very end - this is the one that will affect the majority of airport users.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Park at Bewleys hotel only a euro an hour and free shuttle to airport:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

How often has a flight been delayed, or the passengers delayed in getting their bags, meaning you spend longer than an hour there.
    Most people have mobile telephones now. Park up near the airport and wait for the call from the passenger. Instruct them to go up to the departures road and pick them up there. The airport police won't bother you if you do it quickly. ;)

Alternatively, ask them to go to the rear of the short term car parks and pick them up there!

Advertisement