Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10" tablet help

• 11-11-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, Getting the girlfriend a 10" tablet for her birthday, Is there any budget options out there that work well?? My budget is €250.

She'll be using it for games, facebook, internet browsing, music the usual..

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

baraca wrote: »
    Anyone?
    Refurb (like new) ipad 2 from apple store is 300 I think or adverts will probably sell one for 250
    Ipad mini 330 (new but 7.9 inch )
    Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 floating around in bargain alerts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

multimate wrote: »
    Refurb (like new) ipad 2 from apple store is 300 I think or adverts will probably sell one for 250

An ipad would be great but, seriously dude, getting a girlfriend a refurbished one is tantamount to saying I don't love you any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Search all the retailers, with new models coming out a lot of stock is being reduced to clear. You might get lucky. I just go the Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 for €230 but that included a staff discount from a family member.

multimate wrote: »

No interest at all in Apple products. Will have a look in bargain alerts, Thanks for the heads up.

Have been looking at the Sanei N10, Has great spec for the price. Anyone ever used one?? Can get it new on ebay for €170.

• Advertisement

An ipad would be great but, seriously dude, getting a girlfriend a refurbished one is tantamount to saying I don't love you any more.

Well I don't think any girl would like a chinese tablet, usually they want apple or Samsung

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Fuh Q wrote: »
    Search all the retailers, with new models coming out a lot of stock is being reduced to clear. You might get lucky. I just go the Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 for €230 but that included a staff discount from a family member.

Also on a lookout for a 10" tablet.

Where did you get the Samsung?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Refurbs come with a warranty in a brand new Apple box. She'd hardly know the difference.

Anybody used the Sanei N10? Leaning towards that now..

My GF doesn't care about brand names or whether it's Chinese, As long as it's good spec and works.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm going to get myself a tablet, and was going to wait for the Nexus 10, but i've a chance to get a Note 10.1 (16gb) for under €400. I'm guessing that's a pretty good price for a pretty great tablet? Seems very good from the reviews i've seen.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm going to get myself a tablet, and was going to wait for the Nexus 10, but i've a chance to get a Note 10.1 (16gb) for under €400. I'm guessing that's a pretty good price for a pretty great tablet? Seems very good from the reviews i've seen.

Imo, the note 10.1 looks better and has smart pen for better apps. It also has the samsung two apps at once thing im fairly sure, but it has touchwiz launcher which will be slower than pure nexus 10 android. The nexus 10 will also get updates for longer as its pure google.
    The nexus 10 screen also has a RIDICULOUSLY good screen.
    Both are very similar form factor.
    Nexus should be a bit faster (processor-wise) but the note has 64gb variation + has microsd.
    All in all if you want an amazing screen, pure google (faster+updates) and better processor
    If you want microsd(or more storage), imo a better look + samsung software (s-pen + 2 apps on a screen)

Hmm, i'm torn now. I've only got till tomorrow to use the voucher i have for Littlewoods, which i was going to go with the Note 10.1 as it would be under €400.

How much is the Nexus 10 going to be? And any word on when it will be available here? I'll be using it mostly for movies, internet, skype and a few games, so the Nexus is probably better i guess.

I might add, i could probably get the Nexus in the UK, as my brother lives in Jersey and will be back over Christmas. So i could probably get it even cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Cant buy Nexus yourself unless you use vpn & Parcel motel. Pretty sure both models are sold out aswell, insane demand for them.

Hmm, i'm torn now. I've only got till tomorrow to use the voucher i have for Littlewoods, which i was going to go with the Note 10.1 as it would be under €400.

How much is the Nexus 10 going to be? And any word on when it will be available here? I'll be using it mostly for movies, internet, skype and a few games, so the Nexus is probably better i guess.

I might add, i could probably get the Nexus in the UK, as my brother lives in Jersey and will be back over Christmas. So i could probably get it even cheaper.

Well the irish play store still has the galaxy nexus, and nothing else. The uk play store is £320 and us is $400. Id say €400 is what your looking at for Ireland.
    For the likes of movies and skype, the nexus will probably be alot better, but the internet etc will be grand on both as the samsung still has a decent screen. Its sound like you dont need the microSD or 64gb, and nexus will be futureproofing you for a few years with updates. The nexus does have a slightly better front camera than the samsung for skype. I think for you the nexus 10 would be better.

Comparison between the two that i found

Edit: PS I'd say then nexus will be here in time for christmas (early december) as its a big money maker

Cheers, i think i'll hold off and get the Nexus 10. Hopefully be able to get it here before January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

Cheers, i think i'll hold off and get the Nexus 10. Hopefully be able to get it here before January.

bought a Onda V971 from www.onda-tablet.com Cracking piece of kit for the money.worked out at 200 including customs duty and delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10". You may find it discounted online (amazon, ebuyer, carphonewarehouse UK, etc) plus samsung are offering €/€50 cash back. Your brother might also be able to get it in say John Lewis.

IMHO the main brand tablets will be superior to the cheaper Chinese alternatives. The last thing you want is the gf to be nagging you about how cr@p her Chinese tablet is ;)

Advertisement