Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spotify arrives in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

10 euro to stream to my phone? Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭smackyB

Been using it for about 2 years, worth every penny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

10 euro to stream to my phone? Nah.

That's a bargain. For the price of 1 album a month you get to stream as much as your ears can handle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,098 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

jester77 wrote: »
    That's a bargain. For the price of 1 album a month you get to stream as much as your ears data allowance can handle.
    FYP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was tempted, but the reviews of the Android app were putting me off. Buggy, unsortable lists, vanishing tracks... might wait until it gets more stable.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    FYP ;)

Get an unlimited contract ;)

It's possible to get Spotify contracts here where none of your Spotify streaming is used against your data allowance. They will probably also appear at some stage in Ireland as part of their marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

just installed it and the app is a little buggy but its working. got 48hrs free.

don't know if i will subscribe as i have google music with all my music stored there.

nedd wrote: »
    just installed it and the app is a little buggy but its working. got 48hrs free.

don't know if i will subscribe as i have google music with all my music stored there.

It's well worth it imo. I've all my music also stored in Google Music, but Spotify blows it out of the water. You have access to most new albums for the price of 1 album a month and you can download albums to your mobile for offline listening. Plus the app store is fantastic. Hook up your last.fm account to it and you will be discovering so much new music and there are also apps where you can say who is currently on tour or coming on tour to your area. I consider the €10 a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Galaxy S3 - 64gb SD Card - Download Free Albums.

Plenty of space

€10 a month, Not a Hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

jester77 wrote: »

It's well worth it imo. I've all my music also stored in Google Music, but Spotify blows it out of the water. You have access to most new albums for the price of 1 album a month and you can download albums to your mobile for offline listening. Plus the app store is fantastic. Hook up your last.fm account to it and you will be discovering so much new music and there are also apps where you can say who is currently on tour or coming on tour to your area. I consider the €10 a bargain.
    How are you using Google music over here?

• Advertisement

projectgtr wrote: »

I'm in Germany, spotify & google music have been officially launched here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Use a US (or other country) proxy to sign up for the service, then sideload the Google Music APK and you're sorted.

Thanks must try that before my VPN runs out, does it matter my Google account is "Irish"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Thanks must try that before my VPN runs out, does it matter my Google account is "Irish"

Not at all. It's like they want us to be able to get it so they make it easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

nope ,im using it and once you sign up through the vpn and get the apk on your sorted.

Nolimits wrote: »

Not at all. It's like they want us to be able to get it so they make it easy.
    Thanks
    To be fair I'd say they would love nothing more than to release it here, I hear they are finding our laws tough. Now to dig out the apk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wait you can download tracks too? Just reading this http://www.spotify.com/ie/about/features/offline-mode/ and if I'm not wrong, you can download up to 3,333 tracks to your iPhone so you can listen without streaming?

For a tenner a month that sounds insanely good value.

Advertisement