Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBMC for Android

Options
  • 14-07-2012 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

I'm excited about this. No hardware codec support yet but it's early days, the community will sort it in no time. Makes the Google TV worth buying now.

The feature-set on Android is the same that you have come to expect from XBMC, no different from its cousin on the desktop. Running your favorite media-center software on small, cheap, embedded hardware is about to become a hassle-free reality. And as Android-based set-top-boxes are becoming more and more ubiquitous, it couldn’t be a better time.

http://xbmc.org/theuni/2012/07/13/xbmc-for-android/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I'm excited about this. No hardware codec support yet but it's early days, the community will sort it in no time. Makes the Google TV worth buying now.

The feature-set on Android is the same that you have come to expect from XBMC, no different from its cousin on the desktop. Running your favorite media-center software on small, cheap, embedded hardware is about to become a hassle-free reality. And as Android-based set-top-boxes are becoming more and more ubiquitous, it couldn’t be a better time.

http://xbmc.org/theuni/2012/07/13/xbmc-for-android/

Can't wait to give this a go on the MK802...

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

What's the box shown at the start of the vid?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

exciting times indeed. HTPC'S thing of the past??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Brilliant!
    Just what the Z802 was made for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Got my mits on this tonight. Runs like butter on sgsII. Can't wait to try it on my 802 when it finally arrives after nearly to months from when i first ordered it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Got my mits on this tonight. Runs like butter on sgsII. Can't wait to try it on my 802 when it finally arrives after nearly to months from when i first ordered it!

Yeah, any chance of a link to the APK. They only released the source code and you would have to compile and apk yourself from that.

I got it here and it installed on my S3

https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/1/topics/136

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I got it here and it installed on my S3

https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/1/topics/136

Cheers for that, works flawlessly on the Galaxy S3, very impressed by it, looking forward to the future, the possibilities are going to be endless and the amount of devices that will be able to run it will be great.

Going to get the MK802 II when it's released.

Ditto on the MK802 II, unless I give in between now and then.

I don't appear to have sound on xbmc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

This is amazing news. Xbmc was one of the main stoppers for me to even consider moving from ipad to an android tablet whenever I have to upgrade.

It will hopefully also help to popularize xbmc even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Noob question, but will normal XBMC plugins such as aertv work with the android version?

I've got a MK802 and hope to use it for streaming TV when they sort out the hardware acceleration although I'm not sure if the 512Mb ram version I have will be up to the task.

I'm in Sweden and would like to view Irish and UK TV streams using unblockus.

invest4deepvalue.com

AFAIK an xbmx plugin will work on any device thats running it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Works well on Xperia S, buttons not that hard to press on the bigger screen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Got it running on the one X with the Touch skin on and it's pretty sweet. It's been a bit ropey loading up on the Prime at times, but when it runs it's smooth as.

I'm not sure every plug-in works though, I can't seem to find the Netflix plug-in for it.

Oh, and the lack of keyboard/mouse support is a bit of a pain but I'm sure it will be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Running on a Nexus Q.

xbmcnexusq_thumb.jpg

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

That would make the Nexus Q worth Having,

Give the people what they want.

Advertisement