Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is this HTTP Error 403?

Options
  • 18-08-2003 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭

i think this is the right board to ask this(feel free to move if otherwise)but what i want to ask is this,a site i go on to regularly(indymedia) is now showing me this message:

You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.indymedia.ie home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

why is this?am i banned or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It could be a configuration error, or they may have made it a 'members' only area or something.

If directory browsing is 'off' that can happen. For example:
    http://www.blacknightsolutions.com/images/

will give you a 403

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nah, the whole site is borked blacknight.

Invincibleirish, the black helicopter must've landed! :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Ah well .. I didn't get a chance to look at the site :P I just tried to explain the 403 error .. .. .. ..

Advertisement