Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby related clothes problem

Options
  • 01-11-2007 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where i can get abloody suit that is a comfortable fit!!?

Ever since i went back training, it is impossible to find a suit that fits around the shoulders (unless i get a size too big and that looks idiotic)

Any help you be much appreciated

*edit
    Dublin area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Tailor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

smashey wrote: »
    Tailor?

Yeah i know but apart from the expense I need it sooner than that.

Was thinking more along the lines of a large guy shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

What size do you take normally

Ginger wrote: »
    What size do you take normally

46L. and that was usually just a bit tight around the shoulders/under arm but now would threaten to rip.

48L has perfect shoulder/arm fit but you could fit a second person into the trunk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Ever since i went back training, it is impossible to find a suit that fits around the shoulders

ohmygod you absolute ledgebag roysh, loike your a total tank

...stupid post. Nothing to do with rugby.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=464

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭dollydrops

There is a shop in Drumcondra called Jim Markeys they cater for all sizes as far as I know.

Hmmm if you get a suit from a decent shop, they can usually do alterations for you..

karmabass wrote: »
    ohmygod you absolute ledgebag roysh, loike your a total tank

...stupid post. Nothing to do with rugby.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=464
    Oh wow, you're so smart, gee let me see. I posted the question there and have had 3 views and 0 replies. And here? i have a possible store (Jim Markeys) that may help
    Long walk short pier come to mind

It has everything to do with rugby in general, seeing as the people most likely to have the answer are rugby players in the same situation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

the people most likely to have the answer are rugby players in the same situation

Rugby players are the only cross section in society that can't find clothes that fit?

The only possible other forum you could put it in is Fitness at a push, but it definitely dosen't belong here...

karmabass wrote: »
    Rugby players are the only cross section in society that can't find clothes that fit?

The only possible other forum you could put it in is Fitness at a push, but it definitely dosen't belong here...

How about you either help or fawk right off?

I would have imagined that there were a good portion of rugby players who have this problem and seeing as I am not fawking from dublin, I do not know the stores that may be of help

Thanks BTW dolly drops, I'll give them a call later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Have you tried Marks and Spencers? Your able to mix and match trousers and jackets there. I know it's not great, but its worth a look in. Sorted me out once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

46L. and that was usually just a bit tight around the shoulders/under arm but now would threaten to rip.

48L has perfect shoulder/arm fit but you could fit a second person into the trunk
    I get 48L in the North no problem. Remus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Does anyone know where i can get abloody suit that is a comfortable fit!!?

Ever since i went back training, it is impossible to find a suit that fits around the shoulders (unless i get a size too big and that looks idiotic)

Any help you be much appreciated

*edit
    Dublin area

Just wondering is it a Club Suit as in the same as every other players suit after they play a match? If so ask the club usually they have someone tailoring them for it

Stev_o wrote: »
    Just wondering is it a Club Suit as in the same as every other players suit after they play a match? If so ask the club usually they have someone tailoring them for it

Nope, it is one for a work conference.

Thanks for the advice above lads.
    It really looks like i am just stuck between the regular cuts

Try Next for a slim fit 48L should suit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Nope, it is one for a work conference.

Thanks for the advice above lads.
    It really looks like i am just stuck between the regular cuts

Go to John Taylors on Baggot St. Good suits, and they will do alterations like take the jacket/trousers in.

Taking to the gents there previously it's a common problem with rugby players to have large shoulders and thighs , and narrow waists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

its a stupid thread altogether. if i was a mod id lock it. but im not. so i think ill just go fawk off or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

let's keep it on topic guys or i will ban people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Would Kennedy and Mcsharry (Nassau Street) not be the best bet?
    They did after all run a radio ad during the WC pointing out that they were the official suit provider to the irish rugby team or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

pithater1 wrote: »
    Would Kennedy and Mcsharry (Nassau Street) not be the best bet?
    They did after all run a radio ad during the WC pointing out that they were the official suit provider to the irish rugby team or something like that?

Yeah I think they're good, I would've recommended them anyway but it certainly helps that they were the outfitters for the Irish rugby team.

• Advertisement

can be little pricey...but that's probably down to the odd sizes they can stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The suit section in Debenhams have a Big and Tall section catered for this market, Ben Kay is the face of the range.

I'm a 48L and I got one there anyway.

Actually...that's where i got my suit....D'oh!

I should have mentioned that:o

Advertisement