Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taking Eddie seriously

Options
  • 02-11-2007 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,587 ✭✭✭✭

After tonights piss take , Chasing the blues , can Eddie be treated seriously again ?

Not by me anyway:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Chasing the blues was so poor - a real disappointment. In that sense it was a bit like the Irish performance in the WC.

But Hector and Risteard got a few weeks in France out of it so I guess they're happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Whoever took EOS seriously over the last 3 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭mc23

I thought this program was very poor, it had nothing new in it. Maybe its due the fact that I don't want to be ever reminded of the world cup again. Hector has gone from mildly amusing to very annoying in a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It was awful television, I can't imagine the DVD doing too well, other than people who haven't seen it buying it for rugby fan friends for Christmas.

I just watched in case I saw myself anywhere on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Amz wrote: »

I just watched in case I saw myself anywhere on it :)

sooooo vain!:D

I can't stand hector....he just irritates me. not sure why he is so popular?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

He comes accross as someone who hasn't a clue about rugby and just jumped on the bandwagon and got a few free gigs out of it.

When he said at one point last night, that he'd love to get into the team hotel to raise a bit of craic I was thinkin' "Thank jaysus someone had the sense to keep him out!"

And yes, yes I am vain, my only TV moment to date was at a funeral, I'm hoping to improve on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

RuggieBear wrote: »
    I can't stand hector....he just irritates me. not sure why he is so popular?
    Yeah he becomes tiresome after a while. He is funny at times but in the show last night for instance there's just too much of him. And another thing, the way he was going on you'd sware he was a rugby expert these days. I mean I doubt many tuned in to hear his analysis on the games.

All in all the show was alright, considering they had little to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

The highlight of the show was Risteards two opera songs perfect! Other that it was a big fail compared to "Chasing the Lions" very few interviews with experts and and players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

I share the anti-hector sentiment of this thread. What a giant ginger pain in the arse he is. He thinks hes an expert on rugby now :rolleyes:. He thinks he's the great gaelgoir, when he can barely string a sentence together. An annoying muppet of the highest order.

I always have a bit of chuckle at Risteard doing his EOS though. The video diary was funny. It's kind of hard to tell the real Eddie from the fake one sometimes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,587 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I though the sketches were amusing , Risteard Cooper is a funny guy , and the scene with Stan and EOS summed up Irish sport.

On a serious note , it reminded me once again, of the rise and fall of Geordan Murphy , dropped for not sitting on the bench properly against Georgia , when there were many more suitable candidates , who actually played .... one of the most bizarre moments in Irish sport, ranking up there with some of Stans baffling gaffes , Joey O'Brien , going from a full back, to centre half , to midefielder all in a week .... what a bizarre year in Irish sport ... oh well done Padraig H , you were the exception

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I thought one of the best bits was where he was chatting to Filipe in perfect Spanish, I thought it was a nice touch.
    But I agree I find him a bit of a pain in the arsé TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I thought the show wasn't too bad. It was quite obvious that they went there with the intention of producing a completely different much more upbeat show, but circumstances changed the plan and I think they did pretty well with limited material.

I think Hector has admitted to being a band-wagon jumper and he uses it to extract humour that more serious rugby supporters might not be able to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yeh it wasn't great at all. Hector has absolutely nothing to add to that kind of a TV program, he's no funnier than a moderately amusing uncle.

The best parts by far were the George Hook moments (the real George Hook i mean!). In particular when he was going on about how the Connacht players weren’t allowed deserts from the tray: *George Hook impression* "Only committee members are allowed deserts from the tray, the players can have apple piiiie...THIS team is allowed deserts from the tray, this team can have a soufflé if it wants...". Such eloquence!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Saw Hector at the French game, he completely ignored a group of young kids who approached him for his autograph and pictures but had no problem facilitating decent looking D4 mots moments later.

He's too far up his own rear end to be taken seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Hector's an annoyance. People obviously find him entertaining though or he wouldn't be on TV. Shame on whoever you people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Thank God, thought I was in a minority of one. Hector is an absolute twatmonkey, a gurning leprechaun who for some reason known only to God has managed to parlay his dubious 'talent' for being the stereotypical buck-leppin' Irish eejit into a TV career. He's an absolute embarrasment who's knowledge of the game is precisely zero...

He's the kind of idiot, unfortunatly all too common now, to whom Roy Keane was referring when he talked about the Irish sporting leprechauns who come out of the woodwork to regularly bombard us with their spectacularly ill-informed drivellings in relation to which ever national sporting calamity/achievement is in the news.

A modern day Darby O'Gill, dhera sure isnt he only great...pass the semtex...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

is it fair to say, eddie that you have become a croque monsieur?

classic

he actually did go to the press conference and say that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

bleg wrote: »
    is it fair to say, eddie that you have become a croque monsieur?

classic

he actually did go to the press conference and say that
    Yeah, except that wasn't the talentless ginger twat, it was Risteard Cooper, who was the only one that made the programme even vaguely watchable. His pastiche of the IRFU suits was particularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

This may seem like a stupid question but if they were following the Irish team why was it challed Chasing the Blues?

Hector is an example of what most people would consider stereotypical Irishmen, the only half decent thing he did was speak Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

GDM wrote: »
    This may seem like a stupid question but if they were following the Irish team why was it challed Chasing the Blues?
    I assume they mean blues as in depression.

• Advertisement
Advertisement