Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell university text books?

Options
  • 14-04-2015 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

I'm moving house and looking to offload my text books from my time at UCC. I understand that John Smith's is closed, which leaves me with the option of having them sit on a shelf in the student's union until they are sold. Does anyone know of a quicker and more effective way to sell these book, as I've had no luck finding one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Get in touch with your Class Rep and get the contact info for the Class Rep of the year below you. Contact them and they can ask the people in the year below you easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

magicianz wrote: »
    Get in touch with your Class Rep and get the contact info for the Class Rep of the year below you. Contact them and they can ask the people in the year below you easily!

Thanks for the advice but I'm actually gone a few years now so wouldn't have anyone like that to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I've had success selling books on the bulletin board in Áras na Mac Léinn if that is any help to you!

Ok my bad, I should point out I'm no longer living in Cork and am out of UCC a few years so have no current contacts there. I just thought in the age of the Internet there should be some easy way of doing this, but apparently not!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Well you could always list them on places like adverts.ie
    I haven't sold but have bought a few college books from people on there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Finance Grad 2015

There's a website called unibooks, you can place an add there!

Thanks folks, I'll try those sites although I haven't had much luck on adverts with books before! Best off waiting til September though I suppose :o

Advertisement