Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max payne problems

Options
  • 06-02-2003 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

When I tried to load max payne tutorial or new game after a successful installation it crashes out back to the desktop when its half loaded.
    I'm running MS XP pro.
    I tried setting all the graphical startup options to low and setting screen area to 640*480*16 instead of my usual 1024*768*32.
    This allowed me to load the tutorial but the new game still crashhes out back to the desktop when its half loaded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system info is below.

Self built pc
    Running MS XP Professional
    Intel P4 2.0GHz
    NEC CD Recorder IDE 40x/10x/40x
    512Mb DDR-Dimm PC2700
    Creative 3DBlaster GeForce 4 Ti4200 64Mb
    On-Board sound and a USB connected Tascam US428 (I tried using both but to no avail)
    MS ps/2 Mouse with XP driver

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

try updating the drivers on your card or getting a patch for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

I tried updating the driver but to no avail.
    What type of patch are you talking about Aragorn and where can I get it.

Thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

head over to some games site (fileplanet, fileshack) or go to maxpayneheadquarters.com (i think) and go to the downloads/official or patches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Theres a patch that fixes that, its about 4 megs. Practically everyone I know playing it on windowsXP has suffered the same problems.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Cheers guys,
    Just found the patch, v1.05 I think,
    Hopefully that will work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement