Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks Jonesborough Sunday Market

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Broski.dll

What time does the market open & close at on sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

Broski.dll wrote: »
    What time does the market open & close at on sunday?

Not completely sure but I know that I went up at 11 in the morning and it was well set up at that stage, and then I went home at 3 and they didnt seem like they were contemplating closing down for a while, hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Basswizard

the guards were set up at the road to the m1 south and were searching cars 2day, was up there today and they had a pile of them confiscated thats all they were doin tho, no fines etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Broski.dll

Basswizard wrote: »
    the guards were set up at the road to the m1 south and were searching cars 2day, was up there today and they had a pile of them confiscated thats all they were doin tho, no fines etc..

Eh, I was up on Sunday and saw no guards...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 snichy1234

DJDylan106 wrote: »
    Now lads, i have answers to all your questions hahah,
    1 ) I went to the second last shop on the right as you come in the gate ( this one was run by two lads, one older lad and one that was in his late teens, early twenties ( the name on this shop was something to do with security and stuff but they sell fireworks hah )and also went to the one just before that, which was the diamond fireworks shop ( which would be the third last one )
    2 ) They werent selling black cats in the diamond fireworks shop but in the security one they were and they were €10 per sleeve, 100% sure of this as i bought one.
    3 ) Both shops were dropping a bit off the price after a bit of conversation and haggling.
    4 ) The 5 shot fireball repeaters were 2 packs for a fiver and there was 4 or 5 in each, cant really remember, and the big eight ball ones were 1 pack of 4 for €7.50.
    I think that answers all the questions lads, and theyre all the honest truth, any more questions, give us a buzz. :)
    is this jonesborough in armagh,Ireland and do they sell fireworks at any time of the year and what are the days and times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

snichy1234 wrote: »
    is this jonesborough in armagh,Ireland and do they sell fireworks at any time of the year and what are the days and times

The market is on a Sunday. Last time I was there is was summer and they had a few fireworks. Not sure now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 firework man

Are there still fireworks at it now and how much. And what date is it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Theres places along the border that sell em, you usually see signs, not sure about this time of year though

• Registered Users Posts: 7 firework man

Thanks do you know exactly where

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fitzer.131

Any body know whats happening this year in jonesborough with fireworks?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 1234567egan

What times do the diamonds fireworks close/open??
    also are they thin ot thick blackcats?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 1234567egan

where abouts is this? are they thick or thin blackcats?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conor2ka

anyone go up this year yet ? any prices ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 House of rock

Has anyone been up to the markets this year yet in Jonesborough for fireworks and if so what are the prices like and what's the story with the guards catching someone with them..
    Thanks thinking of going up this weekend and wondering if it will be worth a trip..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 louth lad

i live just down the road they are not selling black cats supposedly but are selling other bangers am gonna get some sunday and try them out to see if they are as good ... usual prices and all other fireworks still there

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭philip132

Louth lad did you catch any prices when you went down? are the other bangers any use? cheers
    Regards Philip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 madzzer2k13

what are cheap up there

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

will they euro or is it the Queens shilling ?

What is parking like there as have not been there before?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PM_

Agent_47 wrote: »
    will they euro or is it the Queens shilling ?

What is parking like there as have not been there before?

Last year everything was in euro. You have to park on the side of the road so if you're not going early expect to be walking for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 yokes_

Are there fireworks on sale this year and if so which shops/stalls will have blackcat bangers??? Also I was wondering do they check for ID for the fireworks???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 baller123

Looking for fireworks around newry in the next few weeks,
    looking for prices and whats there. and what places will be open
    is the jones borough market selling fireworks at this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fireworkman101

Go to jonesborough market on a sunday, sleve of black cat bangers €15, rockets €5, and loads of other deals always packed.

Go to jonesborough market on a sunday, sleve of black cat bangers €15, rockets €5, and loads of other deals always packed.

Thought a sleeve of blackcats was €10?, and which specific stalls should I go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mark10359

There was no market on that I could see where does it take place I am coming from the dublin end of the motorway could you give me directions

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mark10359

Could anyone tell me where this is if I'm coming from the dublin side of the motorway and when it will be on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Its on early Sundays, take the turn for jonesbourgh and you will see it happening in the tiny village

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jason6512

I'll be there on Sunday, will post this years prices and what brands are still being sold I.e blackcats etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jason6512

yokes_ wrote: »
    Thought a sleeve of blackcats was €10?, and which specific stalls should I go to?

Blackcats have went up in prices no stalls seem to give you a sleeve for a tener anymore, but if you go down afew days before Halloween you might have a chance off getting them for a tener

Jason6512 wrote: »
    Blackcats have went up in prices no stalls seem to give you a sleeve for a tener anymore, but if you go down afew days before Halloween you might have a chance off getting them for a tener

Are they selling them already and what are their prices, also will there be fireworks this Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 harryf101

anyone know anywhere closer to the train station in newry to get them cheap?

Advertisement