Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi Grant 2016-2017

Options
  • 29-02-2016 6:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I go to University in the UK but I'm Irish my sister the same we both started for the year 2015-2016 and we didn't apply for the grant because the fact that we thought we weren't eligible for it as my dad earns 10 k over the lowest eligibility requirement , but I've been told that if two siblings in the family are in University/ College we automatically get some sort of payment is that true? My mother dosent work aswell and the year I've lived alone has been really expensive for us both (Me and My sister) so I want to know if I should apply for this year or not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Student Finances.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Siblings of school going age increase the limits, as does the distance benefit if it applies to UK(?). Certainly doesn't hurt to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

toplad98 wrote: »
    I go to University in the UK but I'm Irish my sister the same we both started for the year 2015-2016 and we didn't apply for the grant because the fact that we thought we weren't eligible for it as my dad earns 10 k over the lowest eligibility requirement , but I've been told that if two siblings in the family are in University/ College we automatically get some sort of payment is that true? My mother dosent work aswell and the year I've lived alone has been really expensive for us both (Me and My sister) so I want to know if I should apply for this year or not

Depending on the level of course that you are attending and the income for 2015, there is an increase on the threshold.

However if your father is €10,000 over the maximum threshold already you may not qualify as this increase is a max of €4,830 per person of the reckonable household, attending full time further or higher education.

See the rates here

There is no automatic payment once siblings are attending further or higher education.

Advertisement