Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad ,ballad Musician Wanted

Options
  • 06-09-2007 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Popular trad and ballad group in Kildare require musician for up and coming gigs around Kildare /Laois/Offaly.
    Must have own transport and have a keen interest in Trad/Ballad music.
    If you play either fiddle/banjo/bodhran/whistle/guitar and sing a few chorus's
    let us know. any age considered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ceolta

Hi there,

just recently moved to Lucan and would love to get back into playing. Was a member of two bands in Germany and play whistle and sing.

Am 36 if that does not put you off let me knw where abouts you are to see if it is an option.

Cheers
    Roisin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nickevan

Hi there,
    I am interested in your proposal, am a very keen musician and have been
    playing over 2 years. Started out as classical guitarist to learn music fundamentals and have completed Grade 8 RIAM exams in classical guitar
    with honours. Would like to get into trad music - have never played in a group
    but have learnt quite a few irish traditionals for fingerstyle guitar pieces
    include: spancil hill, carolans concerto, flowers of edinburgh, sheebeg sheemore ,harvest home, merrily dance the quaker, south wind, turkey in the
    straw etc. am quick at picking up new pieces Would like to hear from you. By the way am 32 yrs old near mullingar
    Nicholas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Ready to Rock

hi there

I'm based in the middle of these three counties in bracknagh village. I play guitar and sing a few songs. This sounds good. Can you send me your email address?

Thanks

ready to rock ( ballad style :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 David Whelan Music

email if your looking for a good Irish tenor banjo,mandolin, guitar player.

Irishd_180@hotmail.com
    Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 11 philthehorse

Only on this sight one day so I'm not used to it yet.
    I am interested to hear more plenty of experience on Fiddle/violin

P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 philthehorse

I have played with a number of popular ballad bands over some time, I would like a chat and perhaps you tell me what part of Kildare you operate from.

Philip

Advertisement