Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Fuels - Wexford Town

Options
  • 02-10-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Can anyone recommend where is best (value, quality etc) to buy Coal, briquettes, kindling etc in Wexford town? Also, which is the best of the smokeless coals? Time to stock up I think!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Want to buy the likes of a tonne?? Mega Thread in BA on coal from NI, pallet delivery is only 60€ and coal from 8€ for 40kgs

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Ya got it lately from coal warehouse in Tyrone 60E delivery to kk got 25 bags of black Diamond 10E a bag so got all in 25 bags for 310E couldnt find better deal local

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

linny wrote: »
    Ya got it lately from coal warehouse in Tyrone 60E delivery to kk got 25 bags of black Diamond 10E a bag so got all in 25 bags for 310E couldnt find better deal local

How long you reckon 25 bags will last? Haven't used a solid fuel fire in years!!

How long you reckon 25 bags will last? Haven't used a solid fuel fire in years!!

How long is a piece of string:P

but seriously, average use say a bucket of coal for a long night without using logs, briquettes etc a pallet should see you through till end Jan or more, all depending on usage. Good stuff for the price that northern stuff.

I get 2 nights fires say 7-11pm out of one bucket but im burning timber with it too.

• Advertisement

Last year I used a bag a forthright along with car trailer of logs

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭cam1452

linny wrote: »

What's the black diamond coal like. Is there good burning in it do it put out good heat. Would there be any stones in it

cam1452 wrote:
    What's the black diamond coal like. Is there good burning in it do it put out good heat. Would there be any stones in it

It's fine only came across 2 stones so far. Great heat no difference than staffords coal in my opinion

I bought a mixed pallet of Polish and smokeless ovoids.

I find the smokeless great. Better heat and last longer. Also no cinders in the morning. I mixed both in the bunker so burning a mix.

I use a bucket a day. Stove is lit around 4ish and is still glowing at bedtime. Ive a boiler stove feeding 9 rads.

I also find the cheaper Polish coal a little stony and full of dust.

I bought a mixed pallet of Polish and smokeless ovoids.

I find the smokeless great. Better heat and last longer. Also no cinders in the morning. I mixed both in the bunker so burning a mix.

I use a bucket a day. Stove is lit around 4ish and is still glowing at bedtime. Ive a boiler stove feeding 9 rads.

I also find the cheaper Polish coal a little stony and full of dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Where in Wexford would be the best place to buy fuel for a dual fuel stove ?

My first time with a stove so not sure what to be using in it really. It a big enough stove which will hear the back boiler and heat about 16 rads .

Advertisement