Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Will you please...?" aistriúchán

• 25-09-2015 11:26am

Táim ag streachailt leis an Ghaeilge don abairt seo.

"will you please buy me that?"

We decorated the house and put presents under the christmas tree. (cad é an focal do "decorated?" Mhaisithe?)

"We used to talk about..."

"I will get up" (get up? to rise? an bhfuil siad mar an gcéanna?)

Go raibh míle maith agat!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

"An gceannóidh tú é sin domsa le do thoil?"

"Mhaisimid an teach agus chuireamar bronntannais faoin gcrann Nollag"

"Labhraímis faoi..." (aimsir ghnáthchaite here)

"Éireoidh mé"

Hope this helps! Shout if you don't get some of the phrasing or spelling, and mods, feel free to check for errors :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just the one error, I think! :)
    "Mhaisimid an teach agus chuireamar bronntannais faoin gcrann Nollag"

An Foclóir Beag gives "mhaisíomar" for the Aimsir Chaite, chéad phearsa iolra. Must be in the Dara Réimniú. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Oh siúcra! GRMA An File, tá an ceart agat! I need to go back to the Gaeltacht D:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

An File wrote: »
    Just the one error, I think! :)

An Foclóir Beag gives "mhaisíomar" for the Aimsir Chaite, chéad phearsa iolra. Must be in the Dara Réimniú. :)

Nílim cinnte go bhfuil 'nn' - bronntannais, i mbronntanas, san iolra?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Maidhci wrote: »
    Nílim cinnte go bhfuil 'nn' - bronntannais, i mbronntanas, san iolra?

Tá an ceart agat! "bronntanais" is ea é, cinnte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Is maith iad na moltaí thuas!

The above suggestions are good!

Advertisement