Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 3

• 16-09-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Hey folks can anyone help me with multiplayer on this please. Picked it back up after a few months hiatus.
    Having serious trouble with the veh-hic-ules, is there any easy easy to level up with planes and coppers. I'm getting milled out of it by other planes while I'm flying round with a peddly machine gun. Same with the choppers. Or is it that I'm a useless uncoordinated git?
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Am I seeing something entirely different in that link? The premium?
    Seen that when I updated the game yesterday, 4000 microsoft pints is alot. That's like a million euro........well might aswel be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_IE/pd/productID.247583200/sac.true

You can unlock all the air vehicle add-ons at once. Its 8 euro on PC so probably about 800 MS points on xbox.

Check the store in the menu after you launch the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Also, question is better posed in the Battlefield forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=323

The only way to level up easily, is to find a near empty server, and go around capturing points in your chopper.

Sorry, using my phone and it's a nightmare to navigate boards on it and couldn't see a battlefield forum.
    Every match I go into seems to have a serious good opposing air team. Getting destroyed by choppers in my tank, only trying to level up by going round capturing flags and avoiding fire fights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Sorry, using my phone and it's a nightmare to navigate boards on it and couldn't see a battlefield forum.
    Every match I go into seems to have a serious good opposing air team. Getting destroyed by choppers in my tank, only trying to level up by going round capturing flags and avoiding fire fights.

Its the big problem coming into bf3 at the moment.The game has been out nearly a year now, so the majority of people still playing are fairly hardcore and have all the unlocks for what ever vehicle they usually play.

As some one posted above, best thing to do is find an empty server and rank up by capping points in conquest. It takes ages and won't necessarily make you a better player, but you'll get the unlocks. At this stage in the game you're probably better off playing infantry and running around with the engineer kit to take out the vehicles. I've been playing since launch and barely have any unlocks on the heli's , unless you have a decent squad to play with ,you'll get shot down fairly quick,regardless of what you have unlocked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

i know how ya feel man
    no matter what server i go in
    low players or high players
    the second i jump into a jet
    bam im dead
    cant even practice haha
    choppers im alright in but jets i havnt got a clue how to use them because i never get a chance to take it into the air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

had the same problem couldnt get airbourne with the copters but eventually got the guided missile and got some bit easier then. Fully ranked now and a force not to be messed with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Johnnybecool

Well lad, best thing I did was just try avoid everybody and just spot everything u can, give orders to objectives etc, slow but it works! Points will build up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Always found it too hard yo play in helo/jets so ive pretty much avoided them so far.

Getting better with the tanks though

• Advertisement

Well after giving it a go over the last few days, I have upped my game with the tanks. I'm forgetting about air kits as it just frustrates me (qutting smoking at the minute so don't need that).
    I just unlocked "proximity scan" in my last game last night so that's what, 3 or 4 unlocks in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

does using the Gunship go towards your aircraft unlocks?

Skerries wrote: »
    does using the Gunship go towards your aircraft unlocks?

Nope, it has no unlocks.

I can try help by having one of ye as the gunner in the copter.Build up points fast in there

tonydude wrote: »
    Nope, it has no unlocks.

I can try help by having one of ye as the gunner in the copter.Build up points fast in there

You on Xbox?

You on Xbox?

ps3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

tonydude wrote: »

This is a great way to unlock stuff. I'm pretty crap at flying but you can get loads of points as the gunner with a good pilot (attack choppers not the other ones with the two machine guns on the side).

Plus its fun raining death from above. That front gun is very powerful.

Advertisement