Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat Feet, Over Pronation options

Options
  • 03-08-2014 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

I used to wear the Asics 2120 a good few years ago when running a small amount and they were one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, even just to walk around in.

Been running again lately, only a small amount again and tried to find shoes for a flat foot and over pronation. My right foot tends to turn inwards more than the left, and the left feels comfortable in most shoes anyway. I tried the Asics GT 2000 2 and while they were comfortable, I really missed the medial post from previous Asics and found my right ankle kept rolling inwards uncomfortably.

I then tried the Asics Foundation 11, I thought being for more severe over pronators they would have a firmer medial post and they do, unfortunately the arch support just feels too high and my arches are quite sore after most runs. I'm not really a big mileage runner, quite small really and I would use them just for walking around in too, so comfort is quite important.

What would be my options here as there isn't really an Asics shoe in between these 2? I am of course open to any brand of shoe, if anyone has comparisons to the Asics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Mizuno Wave Inspire

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

viperlogic wrote: »
    Mizuno Wave Inspire

I would consider this to be more in line with the Asics 2000 range in terms of support. Wave Nirvana or whatever has replaced the Wave Alchemy would probably be more appropriate.

I'd be in a similar boat to the OP in terms of the amount of support needed - I'm in the Kayano, last year's model because I'm cheap :pac: Brooks Adrenaline probably a good option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Asics Gel Foundation 9
    Asics Gt-2170 (2nd most favorite shoe but nothing comes close)
    Mizuno Wave Inspire
    Asics DC Trainers
    Mizuno Wave Inspire 8
    Mizuno Wave Elixir 7
    Asics DS Racer 9
    Mizuno Wave Inspire 9
    Asics DS Trainers 19
    Asics DS Racer 10

Over the last few years. I only buy Asics DS racers now. Mizuno Wave Inspire are an ok shoe for the wide foot but can't fault the new DS Racers.

Advertisement