Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation for bad skin!

Options
  • 30-09-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭

Hey ladies :)

I've combination skin and I have quite bad acne scars from my younger days but I'm still really pale!
    I've been using the palest shade of Rimmel Recovery but it's still a bit orange and doesn't give me the coverage I need =/
    Any suggestions?
    I don't mind liquid/cream/mousse...whatever works!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

The dear option is Ester laudeer (prob spelt wrong) the double wear line or the cheaper option would be the mabelline matte mouse, not sure how they are for covering achne scarring but I found both to have good coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

I would also recommend Double Wear from Estee lauder, they do a great colour match for your skin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Revlon Colorstay Foundation.
    They have a great range of colours and you can choose between Combination/Oily or a dry skin foundation. It's €17 in boots and I've been using it for years! the one bottle lasts for ages (3 or more months), I wear it daily and also have acne scars. It's a slightly heavier foundation then most but does it's job and once you apply it at the start of the day you're set! I never need to fix up my foundation during the day with it :D

Tip though, you have to blend it fast as it does set or 'dry' quickly on the skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

The dermalogica concealer is really good but pretty pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Did I mention I'm a poor student?? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

They have a great range of colours and you can choose between Combination/Oily or a dry skin foundation. It's €17 in boots and I've been using it for years! the one bottle lasts for ages (3 or more months), I wear it daily and also have acne scars. It's a slightly heavier foundation then most but does it's job and once you apply it at the start of the day you're set! I never need to fix up my foundation during the day with it :D

Tip though, you have to blend it fast as it does set or 'dry' quickly on the skin.

I use this too and tbh, I'd be lost without it! I wear it on nights out too, and I always the only one with my make-up still fully intact at the end of the night:P

Sarah, you're like my clone..I'm pale and have acne scars and it's always hard to find something to cover them! I would try this one, it's so cheap so even if you don't like it, it's not like you paid upwards of 30 euro for it.

I use this foundation in the shade Buff..the Ivory colour is kinda pink or something:confused: and isn't very nice!

Edit: another foundation worth looking into is La Roche Posay, which you can get in really good chemists. They do foundations specifically for skin which is oily and prone to acne, which is a bit heavier to give extra coverage. They have a good choice of shades, and are reasonably priced if my memory serves me right!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

_meehan_ wrote: »

I use this too and tbh, I'd be lost without it! I wear it on nights out too, and I always the only one with my make-up still fully intact at the end of the night:P

Sarah, you're like my clone..I'm pale and have acne scars and it's always hard to find something to cover them! I would try this one, it's so cheap so even if you don't like it, it's not like you paid upwards of 30 euro for it.

I use this foundation in the shade Buff..the Ivory colour is kinda pink or something:confused: and isn't very nice!

Edit: another foundation worth looking into is La Roche Posay, which you can get in really good chemists. They do foundations specifically for skin which is oily and prone to acne, which is a bit heavier to give extra coverage. They have a good choice of shades, and are reasonably priced if my memory serves me right!
    Yeah think its dermablend in the la Roche posay its very thick but fantastic if ya get it in a lighter shade and use it as a base then a more fluid one over it for colour its like getting airbrushed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Have you tried using a primer before putting on your foundation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Bare Escentuals is really good for coverage - I wouldn't have gone near a powder foundation before I tried it, but I'm converted. I have a small birthmark that it covers up so it's barely noticeable (when I can be bothered!). It comes in some very pale shades.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Have you tried using a primer before putting on your foundation?

Yup, always!

• Advertisement
Advertisement