Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are invited....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

I'll be there!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

EileenG wrote: »
    To the launch of my book, "The Pleasures of Winter".

It takes place on Wednesday, the 14th of November at 6.30pm in Dubray Books, Grafton Street, Dublin 2.

http://www.easons.com/results.asp?NAT=false&SORT=eh_sort_bs%2Fd&STEM=false&SF2=facet&ST2=&SF1=kword_index%2C+ref_no%2C+barcode&ST1=The+pleasures+of+Winter

If you think you can come, drop me a PM.

Congrats! I would love to be there, but I'm working. Have a brilliant time and enjoy it! Can't wait to get my hot little hands on the book!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Thanks.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, it's likely Derek Landy will be there too. Nothing to do with me, one of my guests is bringing him as her Plus One.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Congratulations EileenG, I am sorry but I will not be able to make it I am afraid. Not going to be in Ireland at all again this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

Congratulations Eileen, well deserved. I hope it's filthy.

• Advertisement

Of course it's filthy. But this is Penguin, so the filth is spread out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

Dirty, filthy . . . what's not to metaphorically like?

I can't help remembering the Family Guy embedded clip: "if you want to be in Penguin . . ."

Well, I've never done a Penguin, but if he was buff enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

I heard you both on Today Fm - Yis were gas, great craic. Gonna run out and buy the book now.

It's in Tesco this morning, not in Easons yet.

And make sure you come to the launch.

• Advertisement

Bump for tomorrow :)

Thanks. The more the merrier.

And I can't find the top I want to wear, so I may be topless

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 M.Saggot

That's great news.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If you wrote this under a pseudonym, presumably you'll be in disguise, using a voice encoder and signing with your left hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fake moustache.... works every time.

Good luck today. :o

It's #3 on the bestsellers list as of Saturday. Not bad! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

That's a great achievement, well done!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How do they classify mass Market Fiction? Do books in those categories outsell the ones in the Fiction section by a significant margin? Looks like a pretty impressive achievement in any case, Eileen!

I wasn't able to attend because I got stuck in work (just got out an hour ago! :(). How did it go?

I wanna know if Eileen found her top or got her knockers out.

/waits with bated breath

• Advertisement

If you wrote this under a pseudonym, presumably you'll be in disguise, using a voice encoder and signing with your left hand?

My mother would love that! She rang up today to instruct me to do the launch under a false name so as not to disgrace the family.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I wanna know if Eileen found her top or got her knockers out.

/waits with bated breath

Didn't find the top, but got another one. But my knockers were pretty much on display. A corset shoves them up a lot higher than nature intended.

It was a great evening. Lots of people came, the place was packed, there was a lot of wine. Caroline and I signed lots and lots of books, met lots of friends and made a very short speech. Penguin editor made a longer one, saying nice things about us.

We had a ball.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sorry I couldn't make it but I'm delighted to hear all that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

My mother would love that! She rang up today to instruct me to do the launch under a false name so as not to disgrace the family.

What did you go with? Aileen Gormlee? :D

What did you go with? Aileen Gormlee? :D

Went as Eileen Gormley. She must be out of her mind if she thinks I'm going to a launch, where I know at least half the people there personally, and pretending to be someone else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Went as Eileen Gormley. She must be out of her mind if she thinks I'm going to a launch, where I know at least half the people there personally, and pretending to be someone else.

You could pretend to be her ha ha
    Launch under her name

Oh, the box contained a flail.

Happy Christmas, mother!

• Advertisement

Advertisement