Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think its just a case of different countries having different rules. I think thats why you get so many brazilians and the like in other leagues.

wellington silva's in spain & a few other south american lads - dunno if that's a WP issue though, i think it is.

you'd think they'd be common rules under FIFA for that sort of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

From my experience (in Football Manager :P) Dutch clubs are often used to get work permits for players as the Dutch league places no limit on how many non EU players you can have in a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think its just a case of different countries having different rules. I think thats why you get so many brazilians and the like in other leagues.

wellington silva's in spain & a few other south american lads - dunno if that's a WP issue though, i think it is.

you'd think they'd be common rules under FIFA for that sort of thing

Its not FIFA, its the laws of the individual countries.

Tottenham fighting back against Chelsea. Hope it goes to penalties and they're at it til 3 in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Galvasean wrote: »
    Tottenham fighting back against Chelsea. Hope it goes to penalties and they're at it til 3 in the morning.
    Thats something I've always wondered about, what happens if no-one misses? Do they literally just keep going, repeating through the 11 players over and over?

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    Its not FIFA, its the laws of the individual countries.

so the FA's & FIFA have nothing to do with it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Galvasean wrote: »
    From my experience (in Football Manager :P) Dutch clubs are often used to get work permits for players as the Dutch league places no limit on how many non EU players you can have in a team.

Ah football manager, where i got most of my footballing knowledge it has to be said :D Scared to get into it again, it can ruin lives.

That was a shocking decision for the 2nd Chelsea goal in fairness, even if it is Spurs on the receiving end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Not of he gets a WP wait and see

miyaichi job, if he doesn't go for the whole season he'll go out in january.

anyway we'll see, miyaichi got a permit on being an exceptional talent maybe campbell will get one too.

does anyone know why players get into certain countries & not others is there different rules on the work permits or what, i think its having to have played 70% of your NT games recently in england - a high enough % anyway

Ryo only went on loan cause he was injured for the first half of the season

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Thats something I've always wondered about, what happens if no-one misses? Do they literally just keep going, repeating through the 11 players over and over?

Yep.

that's not the only reason he went on loan - if a reason at all

he went on loan to get game time

• Advertisement

This certainly cant be good for Spurs' morale :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Spurs.Lol.

Gallas in bad attitude shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

He should sit down in the centre circle.Plenty of room.Everyone else is in the Spurs box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

that's not the only reason he went on loan - if a reason at all

he went on loan to get game time

We're getting away from the point

Campbell is gonna be great :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

5-1?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Just as well AVB lasted as long as he did. RDM has really got them ticking now

greendom wrote: »

Thankfully we've already opened up a sizable gap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Yes they do. Some years back it happened with Drogheda United against a Norwegian team. The Drogs lost 11-10 on penalties, with Graham Gartland missing both his penalties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Yeh maybe so but you can be sure hes not given instruction to rush up the field regardless of whats going on elsewhere in the pitch, which sometimes he has a tendency to do regardless of were Arteta or other players may be placed on the pitch which is about awareness, that may come with experience and may not we dont know yet.
    Song has usually been pretty restrained. That's shown this season as, with Arteta beside him, he's been given licence to roam forward more. And produced some loving attacking football off the back of it, as evidenced by 11 league assists so fare this season

I want to see more of that next season, not him sitting on the bench as backup CB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Big game tomorrow. Probably bigger than Chelsea. Wigan can be exposed by us but then they could be dangerous because they are fighting hard to try and stay up. Need to be on it to win IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Big game tomorrow. Probably bigger than Chelsea. Wigan can be exposed by us but then they could be dangerous because they are fighting hard to try and stay up. Need to be on it to win IMO.

Wigan will be hard to beat but we know they are playing well with some big scalps under their belts. So because of that they will not be taken lightly and I am expecting a fairly comfortable win. The lads should not underestimate them and keep their focus to go 8 points clear. The worry will be with Koscielny missing and we are now lacking cover if we have an injury at the centre of our defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

Kos is back after tomorrow night so no biggie tbh. Anyway Songo can go CB and bring Ramsey/Coquelin into the first team.

Main thing for us going forward is to have a fit squad for the 14th August and have all our squad ready for that - i.e. any bit of business we do is done early.

Rosicky talks about something which has been absent the odd time this season:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/rosicky-we-ve-connected-with-the-fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thats the one thing that usually lets us down, vocal support. It does be grand when we're winning but when we go behind it tends to get very quite. There was a game a few years ago against Liverpool (The one Adebayor got sent off in for going over the ball) and the crowd was immense. Obviously, it was down to several decisions going against us one after the other, but if we had that kind of crowd every week, teams would be terrified of coming to the Emirates. Everytime Liverpool touched the ball after that you could hardly hear the commentators over the booing. As it is, it's only not ideal unless you plan on parking the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Would never happen but if Chelsea don't renew his contract we could do a lot worse to offer Drogba a one or two year deal.

He's getting on so can't play every game which is fair enough as RVP will be our main man up top, plus he'll get to stay in London.

Benefits us as it allows us to dump Chamakh and/or Park and either give Campbell and Afobe another season to develop on loan/in the reserves, or time for a new striker to bed in. Plus Drogba is five times the player of Chamakh and Park combined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Frisbee wrote: »
    Would never happen but if Chelsea don't renew his contract we could do a lot worse to offer Drogba a one or two year deal.

He's getting on so can't play every game which is fair enough as RVP will be our main man up top, plus he'll get to stay in London.

Benefits us as it allows us to dump Chamakh and/or Park and either give Campbell and Afobe another season to develop on loan/in the reserves, or time for a new striker to bed in. Plus Drogba is five times the player of Chamakh and Park combined.

It would save on our maintainence bills at the Emirates as well. No need for the groundsman to have a roller for the grass when you have a big guy like Drogba rolling all over the pitch every time someone touches him.

I'd say if Chelsea don't renew it, he'll get a very, very tasty offer from Anzhi Makhachkala. Then we don't even come close to competing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Buzzing for this match :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

G.K. wrote: »
    Man Utd generally play with 2 strikers. Arsenal don't.

Doesn't Arsenal pplay 433 rather than 451 ?
    What about back to the old days of Bergkamp/Henry with a 4411 ?
    Where is it written in stone that it has to be just RVP or another ?
    Are we not meant to be planning for the future ?

Surely it would makie a bit of sense that now and again there would be an option there to change formations ?
    Podolski man!! I said I was 100% in favour of buying Podolski. I am not in favour of paying for 3 top class strikers when, the majority of the time, one will only play anyway. We don't have the money to throw away on players like Lewandowski for 3rd choice striker. Between Chamakh/Park/Afobe/Campbell, I'm sure we'll be okay if, god forbid, both RVP and Podolski get injured.

Ah jaysus the first two on your list are now as good as useless.
    Remember at the end of the Milan match aqnd what affect their coming on had.
    The drones out of the crowd said it all.

I know some are hoping for Chamakh to somehow miraculously discover the form he showed for the first few months, but if Arsenal are serious they can't afford to have someone who is not quickly capable of stepping up to the plate in the event the main two guys go out of action.
    I would add in Miyachi before I would let Chamakh or Park near the team.

BTW has anyone ever thought of doing a Paul Warhurst with mr squillaci ?
    If he can't be got rid of then they might as well try him somewhere other than defense. ;)

There is a huge necessity to clear out the deadwood, I can think of about 6 including the three on loan, as they bring nothing to the party and are taking up valuable squad places and a lot of wages that could be given to the likes of RVP to convince him to stay.
    greendom wrote: »

I think the result says more about spurs than chelski.
    All RDM has done is get the old guard on side and that team does not have a future unless they have wholesale clearout.

Holy sh** that would be some sight coming on to the pitch like in the last few minutes of the match against Milan. :D

Won't happen as he will probably go off for megabucks like Eto in the Russian league.

BTW comparing chamakh and park to Drogba is like comparing a donkey to the winner of the national.
    Different class.
    Mind you I am not comparing the guy's antics on the pitch just his playing ability.

I am not allowed discuss …

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement