Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A man apart?

• 05-04-2003 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

I saw this movie last nite. I thought it was an excellent action movie but i wouldnt take ur bird to see it. Wat u think of it if uve seen it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Vin diesel, gets angry, kicks ass. Hes the new arnie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

"what did you call me?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I have only seen the adds for the movie on the telly but they make it look like its two different films.

1) "So this is what the devil looks like", "to understand the mind of a killer you must first ......."

Makes it look like a piss take on Silence of the Lambs.

2) Lots of Action which makes it look like any other action flick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Oh God, please don't pay to go see this.

You would *think* it's a leave-your-brain-outside type of film. And it should be. It'd work well then. BUT IT DOESN'T.

For some reason they decided to make the film a little more complicated by fncking over the story and order of the scenes.

Look, this isn't Memento. That worked well. This is all just Vin Diesel kicking ass and looking damn fine while doing it. Don't go overcomplicating things by putting scenes in random places and making the whole thing very very messy.

Few good "shoot out" scenes. Other than that, tripe. Very messy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by koneko
    For some reason they decided to make the film a little more complicated by fncking over the story and order of the scenes.

Look, this isn't Memento.
    Huh ?? Hmmmm.... lets see.

They arrest the drug baron.
    Vin's Wife gets killed by Diablo's minions.
    Vin goes on witch hunt for Diablo
    Working his way through the drug ranks, he finds out where Diablo is
    One predictable plot twist later, Diablo is caught.

Totally linear, totally sequential. Are you sure you saw the right movie?

- Dave.

• Advertisement

so it wasn't his father that killed everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ok slight exaggeration on my part, but some parts in the middle were muddled.
    He gets his badge taken away, then goes to Overdose's house, which is a crime scene. Either his boss doesn't mind that he's there threatening witnesses/criminals, or it happened b4 the badge taking-away

Could just be me not paying attention, didn't think it was too great. My popcorn was good though.

aye it was a good bit before.
    he chucked the badge after he killed your man beside the car, how can ya not remember that, beat the **** out of him when the whole deal went bad...

man!

sean vetter: what did you call me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Found it mildly enjoyable while sitting there watching it but forgot about it until I noticed this thread and then remembered all there was about it that was... well... crap.

Woefully forgettible movie that doesn't deserve a sequel. Better than xXx though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Isn't this just a **** film from a few years back, taken off the shelf and re-released to cash-in on Vin Deisels current fame?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

True... It was made after TF&TF, but before xXx. This is its first release, though. It was originally scheduled for release in Autumn last year, but was put back 3 times and finally released April 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

Totally linear, totally sequential. Are you sure you saw the right movie?

My thoughts exactly.....sooooo predictable! the film would never have been released but for the success of xXx! it was amusing in parts but as to whether or not it was a good movie...definately not!

Advertisement