Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raging Bull

Options
  • 05-04-2003 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Just seen it, wanted to see what people thought of it. Cool Flick not what i was expecting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Everyone loves it...ive only seen it once and wasnt really impressed...the fights were good but didnt find the rest v.interesting tbh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Great film. Takes multiple viewings to get the most out of it because of its very understated tone but like a true classic is more enjoyable with each subsequent viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Yea i watched it and liked it but as you said it might take a while to pick up on the undertones of the film.
    I actually bought it on DVD, there was one of those 2 for 1 offers in xtra vision for 25 euro, got the usual suspects as well. not for 25 quid i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

One of my favorite films of all time.!! in my top five anyway.
    Get the DVD where they have all the extra shi.t which is cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Yeah its good with the realistic portrayal of fight scenes and well lit ,and De Niro piling on the weight for the film to show La Motta's fall but it gets a bit annoying all the 'You talkin to me?',

'No' ,

'What the fock'. etc. for 15 minutes

It's allright,not brilliant,some people seem to see it as the greatest film of all time for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Originally posted by funktastic
    Yeah its good with the realistic portrayal of fight scenes and well lit ,and De Niro piling on the weight for the film to show La Motta's fall but it gets a bit annoying all the 'You talkin to me?',

Not to mention all that driving round in a taxi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Originally posted by pickarooney
    Not to mention all that driving round in a taxi

LOL:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

yeah well i know the difference between taxi driver and raging bull! Just all that noo yawk **** gets annoying hence the 'You talkin to me' 'what the fock',anyway I don't give a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

what the hell are you talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think he pressed the wrong link at the bottom, new thread, post reply, dangerously close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ha ha,

what the FOCK

heeeay tony

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

hehe fuc*k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Houston Griffin

I saw it only once, a few years ago. I thought it was great and I'm glad I saw it, but I don't think I'll ever watch it again. LaMotta's downfall was extremely painful to watch; too realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by Houston Griffin
    I saw it only once, a few years ago. I thought it was great and I'm glad I saw it, but I don't think I'll ever watch it again. LaMotta's downfall was extremely painful to watch; too realistic.

. . . . . which would probably suggest why most people think it's such a good movie because Scorcese and De Niro portrayed it so well.

Excellent movie but an aquired taste IMO (which I have BTW:p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Houston Griffin

Excellent movie but an aquired taste IMO (which I have BTW)

I've been thinking it over, and've decided it's time to watch it again. A film that good can't be seen only once. Still, the performances are so convincing, it's like watching someone you care about in real life going down a bad road.

Advertisement