Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaolin soccer

• 09-04-2003 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

shaolin soccer, any news on this ?
    Anyone seen it ? if so is it funny, bad, sucks , excellent ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Shaolin Soccer rules from on high.

It's possibly one of the greatest films ever made. Take the football from Escape to Victory, the story of Major League (bits from I and bits from II), and the over-the-top kung-fu antics of Iron Monkey/Crouching Tiger, and you've got yourself Shaolin Soccer. It's not very challenging, but completely entertaining. I think this is pretty obvious from the fact that the bad guys are called "Evil Team".

The version I have has pretty dodgy subtitles. For example, they call the ball "the soccer" (as in "pass the soccer").

Seriously, everyone deserves to see this film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

where, when and how can i see this,

had a clip where they all mad stuff in, was class, one guy sliding through another guys legs gets the ball does some break dancin type move ends up doing handstand and ball on to of his feet, crosses it to another guy who does a compete flip in mid air and a mad header. that the same one?

i wanna see! so funny n cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Yeah, that's Shaolin Soccer alright.
    There are about 6-7 bits of the film that are outrageously over-the-top like that. As for where you can get it... I ordered mine off dddhouse.com (I think that's the URL - check the "where to buy DVDs" sticky for R3 suppliers), and they were pretty fast in getting it to me.

I heard rumours that it's getting a R1/R2 release pretty soon, so you might want to wait for that before rushing off to get the R3 version. Although then you might miss out on some of the best subtitles ever.

Decisons, decisions.

Advertisement