Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Network Map

Options
  • 23-11-2011 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys,

I'm doing my thesis in DIT, and have been looking at colocation data centres across Ireland. I've found out most of the info I think I need for it, but can't find a map showing the fibre network across Ireland. While I know that it essentially runs around the coast and then through the midlands, I'm really in need of a physical map for a presentation.
    The project is essentially designing a data centre located close to Rochfortbeidge in co. Westmeath, close enough to the midlands fibre line. Also, if any of you guys knew a good bit about natural cooling strategies, as opposed to refrigeration, that would be really helpful too.
    (or a link to previously discussed thread that i missed)

thanks,

shane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

On the cooling side look up Microsoft's and Google latest DC's.

There is not map of "all" the fiber in Ireland since 95% of it is privately owned and ALOT of it is dark.

Best option is probably to look through { may need to file a few FoI Requests } the tenders to the National Broadband Scheme.
    visectimo wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm doing my thesis in DIT, and have been looking at colocation data centres across Ireland. I've found out most of the info I think I need for it, but can't find a map showing the fibre network across Ireland. While I know that it essentially runs around the coast and then through the midlands, I'm really in need of a physical map for a presentation.
    The project is essentially designing a data centre located close to Rochfortbeidge in co. Westmeath, close enough to the midlands fibre line. Also, if any of you guys knew a good bit about natural cooling strategies, as opposed to refrigeration, that would be really helpful too.
    (or a link to previously discussed thread that i missed)

thanks,

shane.

Advertisement