Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macs and WiFi

Options
  • 07-03-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm on the verge of getting one of the new iMacs just trying to get money together, liqudating assets and all that :p .

It's just in the house I live in at the moment there are wires galore and I'm trying to get a wireless network set up that will allow Window machines, Macs and a Nintendo DS(uses b and WEP only) to share the one connection, can anyone recommend a router or setup that they use?

(Network will be spread across 2 floors in an old georgian house.)

All help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The only one that is going to have issues is the DS. So just make sure you get one from the DS compatability list.

Macs and PCs shouldn't have any problems with any router.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I use an SMC Barricade as my wireless router, serving 1 DS, 2 macs and 2 windows XP machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

deRanged wrote:
    I use an SMC Barricade as my wireless router, serving 1 DS, 2 macs and 2 windows XP machines.
    What model of SMC Barricade is that? I use one myself, and it is great... but I've never got the DS working with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

deRanged wrote:
    That sounds good, I'll have to check out the Barricade routers!

What model of SMC Barricade is that? I use one myself, and it is great... but I've never got the DS working with it.

I'll check this evening. it was a bit of a pain afaicr - I had to enter all the networking details manually, the dhcp wan't working.

• Advertisement

just checked - it's an SMC Barricade g 2804WBR.

The DS works fine with it, you just have to enter everything manually.
    (the win and mac machines will pick up DHCP).

Advertisement