Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just ordered my Macbook Pro :-)

• 28-02-2006 11:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Well,
    A new Macbook Pro just arrived here in work yesterday and after playing with it for 5 minutes, I've just ordered my own. The one here is the 2ghz with a Gb of RAM, I went for the 1.86 though.

The wait for shippping and delivery is going to kill me though :-(

Next thing is, I need to get a bag for it and insurance.
    Any recommendations of a reasonably priced stylish bag?

S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

congrats!!!! me is very jealous... my PowerBook just don't stand up to the MBP!

www.booqbags.com
    www.crumpler.com
    www.axio-usa.com

i like the axio bags.....

what i use myself though is a sleeve from www.foofbag.com, and a nice Lowe Alpine backpack with a bit of padding put at the bottom of it. Makes for something a bit different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I've just got a 4th April estimated delivery date...
    I don't know whether to smile or cry! :)
    I'll check those links out in a wee bit.

S.

Actually, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for in a bag. I'm not sure if I just want a smallish sleeve-style bag, or whether to go for a backpack style.
    I have a Sling-style bag for my D70 camera, so I'm probably best going for something that could be used along with that.
    Actually, I like the hardsleeve on the axio website, but it's not available until June and God knows how long it'll take to be available over here.

The main thing is, I would like something with a very soft inside to keep the baby safe and just a little more space to keep the charger, mouse spare battery etc.

So many choices, but more importantly, soo many ugly cases...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

i've also ordered..
    got a shipping date of march 21st but judging by the dates experienced by others i'd be hoping for it to arrive around paddys day..

must get myself one of those sleeves now.. any shops/department stores in ireland stock them?

(will be interesting to see if the intel ibook is released at the exibition today, may have to review my order..)

I think the new iBooks will out about May/June. I'm only starting to look into the Powerbook accessories, but most of the stuff I get will probably by bought online. Actually, everything will be bought online :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bag-wise... Crumpler are very good. If you want to see what a few of them are like before you buy, the laptop shop on the top floor of Stephens Green shopping centre has quite a few of them in stock.
    And I would quite happily sell my firstborn for a MacBook Pro right about now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

aren't accesories the only thing better than a new toy?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

RadTech at http://www.radtech.us/ sell very good cases and rucksacks for Apple laptops. Plus, they ship to Ireland at no extra cost, and even take PayPal.

sinecurea wrote:
    I've just got a 4th April estimated delivery date...
    I don't know whether to smile or cry! :)
    I'll check those links out in a wee bit.

S.

they seem to be trawling through those orders fairly quickly over at apple as i've just received my shipping notification.. a cool 21days in advance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

check out TK maxx for crumpler bags, picked up a roll-o-notes bag for my ibook for €30 a couple of weeks ago

• Advertisement

I ordered a Notebook ScreensavRz: http://www.radtech.us/Products/NotebookScreenSavrz.aspx

And a Sleeve:
    http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevzNotebooks.aspx

For the Macbook Pro. That'll do me until I actually get the machine. I'm going to find the right bag, but there are still sooo many fugly ones out there :(

By the way, if anybody is looking to buy one the Sleeves above for a MacBook Pro, PM me.
    I know the 15" Powerbook one won't fit the MBP.

S.

[nick], could you give me the specifics of your order/dispatch dates please?
    When did you order it, and what was the dispatch date of the first e-mail?
    Then what was the new updated dispatch date?

Cheers!
    S.

it's a stock 1.83ghz..
    never got any info about dispatch dates.. just an order date of feb 21st and estimated shipping date of march 21st..
    then on the 1st of march i got this in an email.. "Shipped - Mar 1, 2006 via TNT International Express" along with a tracking number..

here are the tracking details:

Date Time Location Status
    02 Mar 2006 12:47 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot
    02 Mar 2006 12:43 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

the lack of movement over the past 3days is annoying though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I figured I'd wait until the second range of them come out, (figure it'll be about November), Does anyone know if they take the same battery (would be handy as I have two for my current power Book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

They do not take the same battery as the PB.
    Sucks to be sure -_-

Advertisement