Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Speech Therapist for my 2 and a half year old

Options
  • 03-11-2014 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I am looking for a recommendation for a Speech therapist for my 2 and a half year old daughter. She speaks but is very difficult to understand. We have been on the public wait list for over a year now so getting very frustrated. Any recommendations for therapists who are good with this age category - we can travel if necessary for a good therapist.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

we brought our daughter here and found them very good http://www.spectrumhealth.ie/clinic/drumcondra/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

We had been on the list for a year and got a call back a few weeks ago out of the blue, got assessment and supports from local health centre very happy.

They have recently had some more hours/ people in the S&L department so might be worth ringing up and finding out where you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Got a call to go for the parental info meeting two months ago, still haven't heard anything from the speech therapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The Public Health Nurse's Office in Roselawn Health Centre recommended Ruby Speech & Language Therapy, based in Dunboyne.

The leaflet says ring for a free telephone consultation. Prices listed as 50 euro for in the clinic (in Dunboyne maybe?) and 60 euro for a home visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 suzyann

thanks - we too went to a parents information night close to 2 months ago and nothing since - I will ring to see how much longer wait list is and check out centre in dunboyne- thanks so much for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Out of curiosity why does your child need S&T?

Mine needed it for stammer, have followed tips and a plan given and thankfully seeme be helping greatly

• Registered Users Posts: 5 suzyann

She has difficulty pronouncing a lot of sounds - so she will shorten/abbreviate a lot of words so she doesn't have to say them - Having an evaluation by a qualified S&L will help us to understand how we can focus help to enable her to be better understood. Presently she becomes very frustrated when we cannot understand. We do 'Play and Talk' and repeat words and sounds correctly with her - we have noticed she is improving both the quantity of words she can say and she may talk for long periods but understanding due to how she pronounces sounds can be very difficult.

Advertisement