Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okami HD remake coming this autumn exclusive to PSN, with move support, for 20 euro.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

While that "ps2 comparison" is predictable it is also dishonest and underhanded.

The ps2 version looks nothing like that. It's no different from them excercise ads where the fat guy puts on huge trousers to make him look thin. It's obvious and ridiculous.

Having said that, I hope it sells well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

So happy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd probably have preferred a HD sequel, but it'll do. Hopefully it will give more people a chance to play one of the most amazing looking games of all time. Gameplay ain't too shabby either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,826 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Must watch the trailer when I get home. Have it for the Wii. Best Non Zelda Zelda game around, in my opinion. Also got Okamiden for the DS, though haven't played it yet.

If I didn't have it for Wii, I would be tempted to get a Move just for this.

Would love to see a new one on Wii U as the touch screen would be great for it. But I think Okamiden was pretty much a limited release so a PSN release for this means there'll be no shortage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Be nice to see it on more platforms, but meh. Whatever gets more people to play one of the most artistically stunning games ever made. If you didn't get all misty eyed from the sheer beauty of restoring life to an area, you're dead inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I got far into this on the PS2 though for some reason the only thing I remember is that "flea" that pops up and talks with you had the most annoying noise for his voice. I think that may have been one of reasons why I didn't finish it.

This game would be well suited for the Move though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Still better than "HEY! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! HEY!"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

bought it for the backwards compatible PS3 , but that broke, so never got to finish it. really liked it though and will probably buy again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

For such an epic game, I found that the greatest thing Clover did was space the save points *just so* that I was able to play it in 1hr bursts (though I usually ended up playing for a bit more whenever I could).

Sarky wrote: »
    If you didn't get all misty eyed from the sheer beauty of restoring life to an area, you're dead inside.
    Guilty as charged!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've always been of the opinion that Okami was too long by half. Of course it's always visually spectacular, but the game has one or two false endings where it seems to draw to a natural conclusion, then goes on for another ten or twenty hours. Epic though it may be, the level design wasn't always able to justify the extended running time.

Luckily, the visuals were, but a flawless game it isn't.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Been meaning to play this on the Wii but i never got around to it, coolio to see this coming out in HD. This isn't a 40 hour game, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Been meaning to play this on the Wii but i never got around to it, coolio to see this coming out in HD. This isn't a 40 hour game, is it?

Higher.
    Okami's length is without a doubt it's greatest weakness.

megaten wrote: »
    Higher.
    Okami's length is without a doubt it's greatest weakness STRENGTH.
    ftfy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm glad it was as long as it was. I loved every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I remember playing this and
    beating Orochi(? The seven headed dragon)
    and thinking to myself "Wow, that was a great game!", then I was pleasantly surprised that there was a lot more left in the game! One of my favourite games of all time, glad that more people will have the opportunity to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

It's one of my favorite games of last gen. It's the only game I've played where I tear up a bit at the ending... It's a bit more than 40 hours though.

I think it's time to try Okamiden on the DS while I wait for the 3rd version of Okami that I'll own!

Here's my completion stats for no reason really...

209961.jpg

209962.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I actually haven't played this yet. I'm afraid when I do, I'l have read too much about how great it is on the net and I'l really be gutted if its not quite as good as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I really don't have the time to purchase these games and replay them. Loved it on PS2 though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This might be great with the Wand. Quite considering it for Okami HD. Where'd be the cheapest place to buy one?

This might be great with the Wand. Quite considering it for Okami HD. Where'd be the cheapest place to buy one?
    Amazon probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nice. I never played it on the PS2, played about 20 hours on the PS3 but never got back to it. Looking forward to this!

Advertisement