Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunnar gaming glasses in Ireland?

Options
  • 25-10-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if I can buy these anywhere in Ireland ?

http://www.gunnars.com/

Spending a lot of hours on front of the pc each week between work and play.
    Definitely getting light headaches more often from screen glare so gonna try these.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

GAME used to sell them - if I remember correctly we sold one single pair if MW3 branded gunnar glasses which were selling for €150. I spent a lot of time testing them out, to see if we could justify the high price tag. Physically they're very well made, but practically they're useless. If I were you I'd look elsewhere for glasses that help reduce screen glare.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Thanks for the reply, so are you saying they don't work? Or are you saying they do work, but I could buy the same thing from a different brand way cheaper?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

you could get cheaper ones
    different brand
    which are alot cheaper
    they help abit you could look at the screen longer without headaches but over time staring tele out of it for a while will eventually give you a headache and damage your eyes
    be better off gettin sunglasses haha

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You know what, no harm in popping into an optician and asking. Not Specsavers, they'll only try and sell you contacts (or at least they do that every time I go in there :)), but if you're not already wearing glasses and you're getting strain from the screen, there'd be no harm in getting a check up anyway and I think you can still get it covered on your PRSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I don't want to sound like a dick head, but won't it be a bit healthier and cheaper just to feck off from the screen and make yourself tea or have a ****, so that your eyes get sometime to recover?
    I personally have to thank my dogs, who constantly make me go off the 3 screens to walk them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

-Vega- wrote: »
    Definitely getting light headaches more often from screen glare so gonna try these.
    Goto a opticians, and get your eyes checked. Worse they can say is that your eyes are okay. Best they can say is your eyes are f**ked, and if you keep starring at teh screen closely, your headaches will get worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

try installing f.lux

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

the_syco wrote: »
    Goto a opticians, and get your eyes checked. Worse they can say is that your eyes are okay. Best they can say is your eyes are f**ked, and if you keep starring at teh screen closely, your headaches will get worse.

And sure you can claim the cost of the eye test back off PRSI!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't want to sound like a dick head, but won't it be a bit healthier and cheaper just to feck off from the screen and make yourself tea or have a ****, so that your eyes get sometime to recover?
    I personally have to thank my dogs, who constantly make me go off the 3 screens to walk them.

Seriously? He's already having eyesight problems, you think going blind is better?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sigh... a typo and this post would have been epic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

try installing f.lux

+1

You never realise just how much colour temperature affects your eyes until you switch from a machine with f.lux enabled to one without.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

No. In work I'm always at the computers, and I work 12 hour shifts, so thats not an option. When I'm at home, I'm checking emails, downloading and watching torrents and an avid pc gamer so taking time away doesn't solve the problem.

My eye sight is perfect, it's 20/20. Had to do a medical only 2 weeks ago for a driving license and I could see a spec of **** on a wall at a 100 yards. It's just looking at a screen glare persistantly makes your eyes always feel like you just woke up and in the evenings I get slight headaches that are the result of this.

These glasses obviously take away all the glare so they suit me better. Also I look sexy in glasses, I'll download that program in the meantime until I get myself a pair.

Thanks for replies.

Advertisement